Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
I'm needing a hug >

I'm needing a hug

I'm needing a hug

Old 02-28-2011, 03:56 PM

Ignor that grumpy old man.. he is proberly unhappy with himself so he try's to make everybody else unhappy. you should have given it right back to him by telling him to keep his comments to himself....by the way it is BEAUTIFUL !!!!!!
Old 02-28-2011, 03:57 PM

(((((HUG)))))....I've come to realize that some PEOPLE just don't get it and every chance I get (when I'm in the mood), I'll try to educate them...that's if they are open to it!! Know that your quilt is beautiful and full of love in every stitch and you need no validation from the likes of PEOPLE like that man!!!
Old 02-28-2011, 03:58 PM

hugs and more hugs..........its sad how some grumpy old men can be................smiles to u and your quilt is gorgeous.........................
Old 02-28-2011, 03:59 PM

its a goregous quilt hope the doctor gave him a shot in the boo boo for being grumpy
Old 02-28-2011, 04:04 PM

i would probaly ask him if he could quilt.and if he couldnt maybe he should be quite.
Old 02-28-2011, 04:21 PM

That is one of the prettiest quilts I have seen. Remember this man was "old" and we sometimes think we can say whatever we want because we are "old". Maybe think we know it all. Just fantasies. Here is the definition of "quilt" from my on line dictionary.

noun
a warm bed covering made of padding enclosed between layers of fabric and kept in place by lines of stitching, typically applied in a decorative design.
• a knitted or fabric bedspread with decorative stitching.
• a layer of padding used for insulation.
verb [ trans. ]
join together (layers of fabric or padding) with lines of stitching to form a bed covering or a warm garment, or for decorative effect.

Also, layers of fabric, which are tied together.

Sorry that you had this experience. The quilt is really beautiful.
Old 02-28-2011, 04:34 PM

I don't know how old the gentleman is, but I would venture to say he was elderly. If so, I can well understand his comments, though I certainly do not agree. How often did we hear these words growing up, "In my day we...." His day is gone for the most part, but I do know that there are those that still do it that way because that is all they have.

Your quilt is stunning and the quilting is awesome.

Everyone sees things differently and I would venture to say that it was the perfect opportunity to ask about those quilts his mom made and get some history. He might have enjoyed telling you about those quilts. I think he missed an opportunity to learn more about how it is done nowadays as well.

Thanks for sharing your beautiful, beautiful quilt.
Old 02-28-2011, 04:37 PM

Your quilt is beautiful I have not read this whole thread so this may have been mentioned but I would of hit him with a few zingers of my own.Such as did your wife make your shirt or is it store bought after all only rich people used to have store bought shirts. Did you use an Electriuc coffee maker this morning or did you boil the water on the stove. The list could go on and on but I would end up saying People usedf to be much more polite than you are what happened to manners?

Your quilt is beautiful I have not read this whole thread so this may have been mentioned but I would of hit him with a few zingers of my own.Such as did your wife make your shirt or is it store bought after all only rich people used to have store bought shirts. Did you use an Electriuc coffee maker this morning or did you boil the water on the stove. The list could go on and on but I would end up saying People usedf to be much more polite than you are what happened to manners?