Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
weight loss challenge with a prize sign up.....ends March 2 @8am >

weight loss challenge with a prize sign up.....ends March 2 @8am

weight loss challenge with a prize sign up.....ends March 2 @8am

Old 03-04-2011, 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by sheria
lovin this month I 'm motivated Reading everything you gals are doing. Have given up most carbs and diet coke,drinking lots of water. guess the exercise is going to the bathroom :D felt crappy at first but a little better now detox who knew! down 4 lbs I'm thinking alot of water wt. wooohooooo lets see how it evens out :thumbup:
Don't give up all carbs you need them for energy and burning calories. Just go to more a more complex variety. For example, brown or wild rice, steel cut oatmeal, whole grains. Some people do better with a low carb diet, but that is generally very few.
Old 03-04-2011, 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by trupeach1
Well well well we have a gung ho little bunch of newbies this month.

Is it me or does anyone else hate to exercise in front of people?
I won't exercise in front of my husband, I'll go into the bathroom if he is in the bedroom so he can't see me. Weird huh!
Old 03-04-2011, 04:46 PM

Thanks for the tip on tracker I had forgotten the site
Old 03-04-2011, 04:47 PM

now everyone know's i don't go out that i can't go in a car because of the motor and my ear disorder. he know it too and says he doesn't care. most weekends he gets home on friday and doesn't leave his house until monday when he has to go to work. we saw pic of each other and talk on the phone for hours at a time. this has been for about month before that we messaged for a few weeks. he really wants to meet me but that hasn't happened yet. earlier he said he wanted to came and meet me tonight and he would bring me a cake. (i thought it was a set up to ruin my diet) i asked why would you bring a cake? he said well tomorrow is your birthday!

i don't know why anyone would want me.

i guess this will be like the MISSY and MIKE saga!
Just enjoy the attention.
Old 03-04-2011, 04:56 PM

Thanks for the info Carol I'm trying to jumpstart hopeing it will get me get me out of my funk. I have a few carbs but very limited starting. I am a carbaholic mainly trying to dejunk my system and then start fresh.
Old 03-04-2011, 05:03 PM

now everyone know's i don't go out that i can't go in a car because of the motor and my ear disorder. he know it too and says he doesn't care. most weekends he gets home on friday and doesn't leave his house until monday when he has to go to work. we saw pic of each other and talk on the phone for hours at a time. this has been for about month before that we messaged for a few weeks. he really wants to meet me but that hasn't happened yet. earlier he said he wanted to came and meet me tonight and he would bring me a cake. (i thought it was a set up to ruin my diet) i asked why would you bring a cake? he said well tomorrow is your birthday! Why wouldn't some one want you??? Any man that only wants you for your body, isn't worth having!! It realy is what is on the inside that counts. Sorry that some people can't get that in their heads. I met my husband on the network. I warned him a head of time that I was over weight. When we 1st met I thought he would have "that look" on his face and that would be that. Instead he walked right up to me, gave me a hug and a kiss on the cheek. We had a ball the whole week-end we were together and it ended in a purposal and I said yes. Any man worth having will love you for who you are, not what size dress you wear. Give him a chance, who knows where it will end.

i don't know why anyone would want me.

i guess this will be like the MISSY and MIKE saga!
Old 03-04-2011, 06:14 PM

You have not ruined anything. Just move forward. One small bite chewed really really well . You'll be fine. quote=MissyGirl]
Originally Posted by kimscruzer
Hi all. I'm going to be ............50 this March. I'm tired of saying , I will do it this year , I will do it before I'm 50. I lost about 45 pounds almost two years ago and now it's back. Must have been my conditioner ! The last couple of days have been good. I can't kick the diet coke. Will make me crazy . :twisted: I did cut a few out :twisted: for water. I will be working the next three days , so I will see how that goes. Sometimes a wee bit stressful there. :twisted:
Missy, what kind of surgury are you having and what is your diet pre - op ? My daughter had gastric bypass 15 months ago. So I know alittle about the road you are on , if in fact you are doing bypass.
I am having the lap band. I am on a full liquid diet using the Optifast program. I have to be on this diet until I have surgery (even if I have to postpone the surgery). My liver was enlarged and so I need this time to shrink the liver in addition to losing the 30 pounds.

I am nervous though because last night I ate a bit of chicken (baked not fried) and so I feel like I have ruined everything and won't be allowed to have the surgery. *sigh* Oh well. What can I do know? I cannot un-eat it. Blech.

Missy[/quote]
Old 03-04-2011, 07:50 PM
Banned

I got a call about 6pm my friend Pat had a stroke. She should be OK but are you ever OK after a stroke? I don't know. She is a 9 year cancer surviver.
Old 03-04-2011, 08:07 PM

I got a call about 6pm my friend Pat had a stroke. She should be OK but are you ever OK after a stroke? I don't know. She is a 9 year cancer surviver.
It depends where in the brain it occured and the extent of the damage.
Old 03-04-2011, 08:35 PM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

I am terribly sorry to hear about your friend.
Some people will have a full recovery and some not. My DH's Grandmother had a massive stroke about a year ago. Honestly it should have kiled her. She has almost made a full recovery. She has some minor trouble with her short term memory and can't write like she used too but all in all she is still the same old spunky woman she always was.
So sometimes it entirely depends on the individual.