Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How many of you actually have sewing studio/room >

How many of you actually have sewing studio/room

How many of you actually have sewing studio/room

Old 09-11-2011, 05:36 AM

My DH and my 3 boys (5, 16, 26 yrs.) built me a 20 x 24 "quilt-shack"...I love it. Although I'm still sorting my fabrics and putting in shelves and desks. :)
Old 09-11-2011, 05:37 AM

Two years ago my husband had a sewing suite built onto our house just for me and until then I had a sewing corner in the dining room. The room is great 14 x 20 but it still is a little small LOL I truly appreciate the jesture on my DH part though.
Old 09-11-2011, 05:38 AM

I do. We just moved in April and I have a room now just for sewing. I'm still working on getting it set up.
Old 09-11-2011, 05:39 AM

I have a room that is in the basement but is big enough for a long arm machine and shelves and a 7 foot sewing table. A bit cramped but it works. Luckily there are doors that close because it is not always very tidy.
Old 09-11-2011, 05:43 AM

I do - at least for 10 months of the year if we have a litter of puppies. Although not a very big room there is space for 2 sewing machines. My cutting table & one sewing machine table are attached to the walls and can fold flat to the walls if I need more space for puppies.
Old 09-11-2011, 05:44 AM

I have a studio, the building is 25 foot by 26 foot.
Pretty cramped but it works for me for now. Just very thankful for it.
Old 09-11-2011, 05:45 AM

DH and I share the upstairs loft - him for his computer for work and one gaming system, and me for my sewing. I get the WHOLE back end and almost into his space. The loft is 22x30 :)
Old 09-11-2011, 05:49 AM

I have a bedroom (my quilting cave) with very large closet, plus part of 2nd spare bedroom for my design wall. In addition, since it's just the two of us and our cat children, my DH suggested we turn the family room into an organized stash storage and cutting room -- which we did. So now I have a good chunk of the house for quilting and sewing activities.

(DH have the entire 2-1/2 care garage for his woodworking hobby.)
Old 09-11-2011, 06:13 AM

WOW imagine going from a mobile home to this!!! You worked for it i'm sure and earned it!!! My DH and I moved to a retirement comm... my dream home... i now have one of the rooms to myself,,, it's all quilt,sew,knit and crochet... i'm ashamed to say i can bearly move around,, but i love it.. just now trying to concentrate on using up the wall of fabrics i've acquired into quilts, and working up the mounds of yarn into baby and doll sweaters... i only wish it i was bigger to share with friends...
Originally Posted by Annaquilts
I do. We used to live in a mobile home and I would sew on the dinning room/kitchen table. (same table lol) Several years ago we build our own house and DH designated the sapce above the garage as a studio for me. It is very big and I love it. I do have lots of visitors that also craft in there both my children and friends. there is also a tv and I have an adult son that uses it as his study room but i do not mind because I love the company. that is one thing from going to sitting smack in the center of the mobile home in the middle of 10 plus kids and then suddenly sitting in a giantic space by yourself. I am actually thinking about setting up a sewing area in my living room/kitchen area down stairs for when no one else is in the studio.
Old 09-11-2011, 06:17 AM

I have our smallest bedroom. Our kids are grown and gone. Youngest is a Marine in Afghanistan so his room stays put for when he's home. Anyway, my little room is about 8 x 10 and it serves as my dressing room too so it's packed. We built a large family room on the back of our house. Hubby has no problem with me moving my sewing and crafting into the former living room but I haven't yet. The grands play there when they come so I stay in my little room. I have a tv and cd player so that's all I need for now.