Wall Paint

Old 03-14-2011, 02:43 PM

I say soft blue or a light teal.
Old 03-14-2011, 03:45 PM

We just help our son and daughter-in-law paint their entire house. The color was beautiful and neutral to accent with anything. We used Behr Plus Paint (which my husband says is the best paint and cleans well) The color was called "creamy mushroom". The color is a mixture of brown, gray, cream, etc. Behr has the option for you to buy a sample and go home and try it. By the way our ceilings, doors, floorboards are all white. Give it a try. You can get this paint at Home Depot.
Old 03-14-2011, 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by Riverton Quilter
We just help our son and daughter-in-law paint their entire house. The color was beautiful and neutral to accent with anything. We used Behr Plus Paint (which my husband says is the best paint and cleans well) The color was called "creamy mushroom". The color is a mixture of brown, gray, cream, etc. Behr has the option for you to buy a sample and go home and try it. By the way our ceilings, doors, floorboards are all white. Give it a try. You can get this paint at Home Depot.
Thanks. Going to town on Wed. so will look at Home Depot and see what it looks like. Everyone has really given me some ideas. Now jus have to make up my mind which way to go.
Old 03-14-2011, 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by catmcclure
Well, assuming your avatar was taken in your living room, here's a mockup of several different colors. I'd suggest you take a good photo without the quilts on the couch and play with photoshop and color swatches. You can scan the photo and then scan the color swatches. Then, replace the wall color with the colors from the swatches.
That was so nice of you to do. Other than "the color" the warmth/coolness of a color makes a big difference.
Old 03-14-2011, 04:56 PM

You have to decide but my Sister in law had a dark green with white trim and it was the most beautiful room I've ever seen. When you entered her home you were awed.
Old 03-14-2011, 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by Sweeterthanwine
Originally Posted by catmcclure
Well, assuming your avatar was taken in your living room, here's a mockup of several different colors. I'd suggest you take a good photo without the quilts on the couch and play with photoshop and color swatches. You can scan the photo and then scan the color swatches. Then, replace the wall color with the colors from the swatches.
This is a great idea. Thank you for your suggestion. I love what you did, the colors you used are a great starting point.
You're welcome. My favorite was the middle one on the bottom. It was neutral, but bright.
Old 03-14-2011, 08:23 PM

They have sample cans of paint you can buy, take it home and paint it on your wall and leave on for a spell to see how they turn out. Even a celedon green.

I would go for a light peach, blues with your blues will make it cold looking and watch out for to much brown,
Old 03-14-2011, 10:49 PM

I agree with terra cotta, We just did ours in Burnt Orange. I was afraid it would make the room dark and smaller, but it doesn't. It's so warm and cozy.
Old 03-14-2011, 11:47 PM

Originally Posted by twistedstitcher
Originally Posted by cherrio
terra cotta
I agree!
I agree for one WOW wall. Tone it down a bit for the rest.
Old 03-15-2011, 06:01 AM

Peach! It would be gorgeous.