Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Keepsake Trip >

Keepsake Trip

Keepsake Trip

Old 04-23-2011, 07:05 AM

I grew up in NH & just started quilting last year. Found out about KQ this year & love what I see, but have been in FL for past 12 yrs. Never have time for wonderful trips like that when we go back now. Family keeps us hopping. I keep telling DH I want to go though. I'm hoping! :-)
Old 04-23-2011, 07:15 AM

I happened on their annual 4th July sale, and have never had so much fun in a quilt store, wish it was closer !
Old 04-23-2011, 07:16 AM

My aunt, (who now lives in LA) vacations in NY every summer (we are from Lake George) and traveled to NH to Keepsake Quilting store. She arrived with $360.00 and left with $0.00. She said she bought beautiful kits for 70% off and fabric that was on sale for next to nothing...of course she was looking for bargins. She is 71 and says she will not have to buy any more fabric in her lifetime. She was awed by the store. Of course she sent me a photo of her in front of the store...I call that unnecessary teasing, don't you? LOL
Old 04-23-2011, 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by jrlocklin
Just got back from my very first trip to KQ. It was very nice but I think the biggest impression I left with is how lucky I am to have so many beautiful quilting stores near my home. While smaller, they just have so much character. Anybody else feel that way after visiting KQ?
And my husband liked the porch where he could wait - and wait and.....wait!
Old 04-23-2011, 08:25 AM

I just spent a ton of time there last weekend. Yes there's lots to see and it was a bit overwhelming.....but 1 lady who worked there spent almost a half hour working with me to find one special fabric to match "just right". She was wonderful and couldn't have been easier to work with. Of course for me the shop is only 45 minutes away - I have to be really careful not to spend too much time there. In the sale section fabric were around 7.99 or less and there were many available that looked wonderful. Most fabrics were in the $10.00 range in the store. I didn't think the prices were crazy expensive, but it still hurts!
Old 04-23-2011, 09:39 AM

My friend and I are planning a trip to Keepsake just for the annual yard sale. we plan to make a 5 day trip and visit Boston and quilt shops around the area. Any suggestions on where to stay (hotel or B&B is fine) to do day trips to quilt shops near that area? Where is Glens Falls and Queensbury?
Old 04-23-2011, 09:42 AM

Two years ago my quilting friends made a trip to KQ, It's a really big quilt shop nice to see after getting all those quilt books, plus I crossstitch so I had double the fun!$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Old 04-23-2011, 12:29 PM

bellaboo wrote "I hope to go back this summer. And when these ladies pulled into McDonalds to eat after passing some great local restaurants I didn't know what to think! DH thought it was funny as he__ , me being stuck like that!"

are you kidding me?? this is definitely not a bunch to get together again with!!! first you are with a bunch of quilters who dont want to shop at a quilt shop and then they want to leave there to eat at MCDONALDs!! omg!
Old 04-23-2011, 12:40 PM
Power Poster

I have only been once and can't wait to go back. It was during Laconia bike week so while my DB and DH went to the nearby diner to eat breakfast, I went to KQ. It was sensory overload for me, but the good kind. Unfortunately I knew I only had about an hour it wasn't time to do much of anything except go into the batiks room and hyperventilate! The sales girls are wonderful there. They are the shop that told me about Roxanne hand quilting needles. Next time I go, I won't have the men folk in tow, or let them go to the hill climb so I will have several hours.
Old 04-23-2011, 12:41 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Marion Jean
Originally Posted by jrlocklin
Just got back from my very first trip to KQ. It was very nice but I think the biggest impression I left with is how lucky I am to have so many beautiful quilting stores near my home. While smaller, they just have so much character. Anybody else feel that way after visiting KQ?
Oh, I miss the glens falls/queensbury area shops so much. moved a year and a half ago to NC - love the area, but only have one quilt shop nearby. I was sooooo spoiled up north.
There are a lot of shops in the Glens Falls area. I love Adirondack Quilts.