Smart Car

Old 10-03-2011, 05:44 AM

I could fit one of those in the back of my pick-up! I have been in 3 accidents, all 3 totaled the other car (all were at very low speeds, so no injuries)- one caused a dent in my truck. I think I'll keep my truck. I can't imagine looking out the window at the tire of the car in the lane next to me!
Old 10-03-2011, 05:54 AM

[quote=pocoellie]I think they're pretty cute little cars, but my concern would be the other vehicles that might hit you.

Yep. Like tractor trailers, dump trucks etc. There are serious accidents with large cars alo but I think my chances are better in one of them.
Old 10-03-2011, 06:04 AM

Originally Posted by 3incollege
We went car shopping this weekend, Dh is thinking of a Smart car.
It scares me ... how in the world would my sewing machine and my stuff fit. I need another SUV!!
They scare me too, look at them along side and full sized SUV then think about how people drive now days!! I value my life more then that, so I'll stick with a regular car.
Old 10-03-2011, 06:08 AM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Oh it is a 1951 Ford Tudor Sedan, I have a late model driveline, power everything, and it is fun as it comes to drive!

Every panel on the car has been modified some how and it has more parts off of other cars than you can think of. It has a 1957 Chevy front bumper, 55 Oldsmobile grille, 1950 Mercury grille opening, 1955 Pontiac trim, 1949 Lincoln steering wheel, I pie cut the front fenders and leaned them forward 2 1/2 ", shaved the door handles and emblems, frenched the headlights and taillights. Just too many things done on the car it would be easier to tell you what I left alone LOL!!

I have had this car since I was 13 and I am in my mid 40's now. This has not been the only car I have had but the one with the staying power!

Billy
One piece at a time is your car, LOL
Johnny Cash,
I'd get it one piece at a time
And it wouldn't cost me a dime
You'll know it's me when I come through your town
I'm gonna ride around in style
I'm gonna drive everybody wild
'Cause I'll have the only one there is a round.
LOL, My husband loves your car.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 10-03-2011, 06:08 AM

I think they are cute and have dubbed them 'Sneeker' for a baby's shoe. Lots of people have them around here, but I'm not sure if I could drive one as people are really crazy around here. I do think they are great on the environment.
Old 10-03-2011, 06:13 AM

I want more sheet metal around me. Something that small scares me. We have so many deer around here, what would happen if you hit a deer with a Smart Car?
Old 10-03-2011, 06:22 AM

what would happen if you hit a deer with a Smart Car?[/quote]

I never thought of that. We have a lot of deer here too. My husband used to drive a Honda Civic and I worried about that. They'd be right through the windsheld.
Old 10-03-2011, 07:08 AM

Personally, I wouldn't have a Smart Car if someone gave it to me. They can't be safe. They're too small. If you get on an interstate a semi would blow you off the road. I want something with a lot more protection if I get in an accident. I don't care how many MPG they get. It's not worth the chance of getting hurt. They remind me of a roller skate just a little bigger.
Old 10-03-2011, 07:12 AM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Oh it is a 1951 Ford Tudor Sedan, I have a late model driveline, power everything, and it is fun as it comes to drive!

Every panel on the car has been modified some how and it has more parts off of other cars than you can think of. It has a 1957 Chevy front bumper, 55 Oldsmobile grille, 1950 Mercury grille opening, 1955 Pontiac trim, 1949 Lincoln steering wheel, I pie cut the front fenders and leaned them forward 2 1/2 ", shaved the door handles and emblems, frenched the headlights and taillights. Just too many things done on the car it would be easier to tell you what I left alone LOL!!

I have had this car since I was 13 and I am in my mid 40's now. This has not been the only car I have had but the one with the staying power!

Billy
That is one cool looking car.
Old 10-03-2011, 07:37 AM

They remind me of a golf cart with a body. I did have one pass me on route 4 and I was doing 70mph. Billy,my parents had a 1949. I'm 66 and I still remember that car. Great car Billy.