Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > QB Help Center
Posts questions >

Posts questions

Posts questions

Old 11-06-2011, 08:54 PM

Default Can I change . . .

the order, by date, of the posts I'm reading in the threads? I've gone to the settings page & can't seem to find where I can change this. I'd like to see the older posts first, but they're coming up most recent first. Well, I'd like to see the original question/comment/picture before I read the comments on it. Can anyone help? I've been trying my darnedest to make a fair go of learning this new setup before judging whether or not I'm going to like it.

Thanks to any help anyone can give me.
Old 11-06-2011, 09:02 PM

Default Can I change . . .

the order, by date, of the posts I'm reading in the threads? I've gone to the settings page & can't seem to find where I can change this. I'd like to see the older posts first, but they're coming up most recent first. Well, I'd like to see the original question/comment/picture before I read the comments on it. Can anyone help? I've been trying my darnedest to make a fair go of learning this new setup before judging whether or not I'm going to like it.

Thanks to any help anyone can give me.

PS - I apologize to anyone that read this on the general chit-chat thread - I posted in the wrong place (I think)
Old 11-06-2011, 09:05 PM

I think you find what you need on the General Settings page. Go to Settings (top right of this page) and then on the left hand column click on General Settings. Towards the bottom of that page you will see a choice for Thread Display. Just don't forget to click save at the bottom or it won't save your changes, ask me how I know!
Old 11-07-2011, 08:35 AM

Default Why Don't Pictures Show Up

I no longer have the pictures show up under the "Pictures" section. When I click on a thread the only thing that comes up are the comments. It was fine before yesterday. Maybe when I was stumbling around here I did something but I don't know what. Can someone help me get the pictures to show up? A "Pictures" feature with no pictures is, well, boring.lol Thanks
Old 11-07-2011, 08:43 AM
Banned

I just looked at a few and things were fine...man, the pix are so HUGE....you can really see the boo-boo's in some of those blocks people post..hehehe...sorta like HD tv..not all things need to be seen THaT close up!
Old 11-07-2011, 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by jaciqltznok View Post
I just looked at a few and things were fine...man, the pix are so HUGE....you can really see the boo-boo's in some of those blocks people post..hehehe...sorta like HD tv..not all things need to be seen THaT close up!
No...I mean that I get pictures in other sections but not in the " pictures" section". All I get are the comments. And they are in the wrong order but that is another issue. I can deal with upside down comments but I really can't deal with no pictures. Help, please.
Old 11-07-2011, 09:39 AM

My last comment (about upside down comments) gave me an idea. I went to the LAST page of the thread and there is the picture. How do I turn this around?
Old 11-07-2011, 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by Stacey View Post
My last comment (about upside down comments) gave me an idea. I went to the LAST page of the thread and there is the picture. How do I turn this around?
At the bottom of the first page with the list of all the threads in Pictures (or any other section), there is a box called Thread Display Options. Make changes in that and click 'Show Threads'. That's supposed to change it for you...though it's not working for me in the Help center section. Backwards is really a royal pain isn't it?!

The "usual" way (the way the old board was set up) is:
Show threads from the beginning
Sort threads by last post time
Order threads in descending order
Old 11-07-2011, 12:41 PM

Thank you Ghostrider. I did find that and fixed it so it is like the "old" board. It had to do with that "linear" term. Somewhere in my dazed wanderings I saw a thread title asking for a dictionary for the new terminology. I like that idea except I don't know if I will ever find that post again.lol I DID find FAQ"s and it looks like all my questions might be answered there. Same problem...will I ever find it again? Oh well, there is always tomorrow.
Old 11-07-2011, 02:43 PM

Default Unread Threads = Recent Topics

I have been playing with the new format on the Board for four days now and this morning, with fresh eyes, finally clicked on the BIG Blue Button that says RECENT TOPICS on the right hand side. Eureka! That's exactly what I was looking for. The newer posts and new threads.

I had been going to the Home Page and clicking through each section or using the What's New at the top, this Recent Topic button is a time saver.