Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Ideas for sussies >

Ideas for sussies

Ideas for sussies

Old 01-11-2012, 09:28 AM

make christmas pillowcases
Old 01-11-2012, 01:47 PM

One year I made every person in my guild a "Bah, Humbug" bag to hold their simple quilting tools. They were a hit. One lady who winters in Texas said she thought she would never use such a thing, but she is never without it; it is her favorite gift.
Old 01-12-2012, 05:22 AM

How about a simple pocketed,folding bag for jewelry? No one has mentioned that for LONG time. Mug rugs, pot holders, etc. are mentioned everytime a gift idea is asked for.
Old 01-12-2012, 06:28 AM

What about cup cake pin cushions. Use the telfon cup cake papers, fill a fabric with scraps of batting, and glue into the cup cake papers. Then put a couple of pretty straight pins. Really cute.
Old 01-12-2012, 06:48 AM

Originally Posted by KR View Post
This idea came from another QB member at least a year or so ago. It may be in the archives but here's a quick detail....

Bobbin minders:
Made from clear flexible tubing....look in plumbing at Home Depot/Lowe's/etc.

Get a diameter that will fit over a full bobbin.
With a sharp craft knife or box cutter cut tubing into 1/4" slices, or just wide enough to fit the depth of the bobbin.
Cut each slice open so you have a little "C" shape.....since it's flexible it will fit over the thread on your bobbin.
Package up 5 or 10 of them in a cute little Christmas-y bag or box and you're all set.
I use these on all my bobbins. Keeps everything so neat. and inexpensive, too.
Old 01-12-2012, 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by KR View Post
This idea came from another QB member at least a year or so ago. It may be in the archives but here's a quick detail....

Bobbin minders:
Made from clear flexible tubing....look in plumbing at Home Depot/Lowe's/etc.
Get a diameter that will fit over a full bobbin.
With a sharp craft knife or box cutter cut tubing into 1/4" slices, or just wide enough to fit the depth of the bobbin.
Cut each slice open so you have a little "C" shape.....since it's flexible it will fit over the thread on your bobbin.
Package up 5 or 10 of them in a cute little Christmas-y bag or box and you're all set.

I hadn't thought of that! I've been using the soft elastic hair bands for little girls. They're almost too big, tho so will plan on a trip to Lowe's to get me some of the flexible tubing.
Old 01-12-2012, 08:32 AM

I had no problem understanding LC's request for "sussy" ideas, but I too am from Louisiana. Maybe it's a "Louisiana thing." Here, we bring our children sussies when we return home from a trip (short or long one). Now, I take sussies to my grandchildren when I go to visit. It's adapted from the word "surprise."
Old 01-12-2012, 08:35 AM

I learn something new all the time from this board. I grew up in LA and never heard the term "sussies", but it makes sense with your definition Millie H. My home area is in Washington Parish.
Old 01-12-2012, 11:22 AM

Are you sure you don't me tussie! It is cone shaped and can be decorated and hung on a door knob with flowers or a little gift in it. Hope I'm not adding to the confusion!
Old 01-12-2012, 11:52 AM

http://i.ehow.com/images/a02/7a/r3/s...-holder-purse- No what I am referring to is a tissue holder for your purse, check out the attached link for a picture.