Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
QB Members - How many have won something on FabShopHop >

QB Members - How many have won something on FabShopHop

QB Members - How many have won something on FabShopHop

Old 06-22-2012, 04:19 PM
QKO

Originally Posted by tngal22 View Post
I registered last night but still can't do any hops. Everytime I click the bunny, it takes me back to the registration page. How long does it take to get registered?
Every shop has two bunnies - a front page bunny that takes you to the shophop registration page, and a "You found it" bunny. You need to find the latter in each shop. Registration should be instant once you fill it in the first time.
Old 06-22-2012, 04:23 PM

Last year I won a $10 certificate. Postage was $7 for what I wanted so I didn't use it, but I emailed the store so they could offer it to someone else. It was costing me too much to appreciate $10. :-)
Old 06-22-2012, 04:24 PM
Power Poster

Last fall, I won several yards of fabrics-all white/cream tone on tones. Very nice!
Old 06-22-2012, 06:36 PM

I've only been hopping for about 6 months but have won 3 $10 gift certificates and a $25 fabric prize, which was 4 yards of lovely white and cream tone on tone. I wonder tho--the gift certificates I have won, were all from Canadian shops. Hope that is coincidence.
Old 06-22-2012, 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by QKO View Post
An insult? OK, if I understand you correctly, someone gives you a gift, and because it's not up to your standards of large enough, you've been insulted?

Or do you think you should be paid for doing the shop hop? When you play solitaire on your computer, does a little man pop out and pay you when you win?

The Shop Hop is a fun way to explore different shops online, and maybe expose you to some stuff you can't find at your local shop. That's it.

If you win a prize, it's a bonus no matter what the size of the prize. It's up to you to decide if you want to redeem it, but a shop owner certainly isn't insulting you by offering it. Sheesh!
If you'll read thru all the posts you'll find I'm not the only one that feels that way. When it costs more to redeem it than it's worth it's not much of a gift.
Old 06-22-2012, 08:53 PM

I did the hop several months and never 'won' anything. I thought it was a lot of work and hours and hours of my time, which is worth something. I'm with Scissor queen. I could better use my time piecing a quilt together. It might be a gift certificate, but it is not really a gift.
Old 06-22-2012, 09:03 PM

I have won several ten dollar ones over the past while.
Old 06-23-2012, 04:00 AM

Have won several ten dollar certificates, one of which I did not use, and a wonderful assortment of half yard pieces of neutral fabrics, several years ago. I do not do the shop hop every time, usually on alternate months.
Old 06-23-2012, 04:30 AM

I have been doing the shop hop off and on for a year or so and i have won a $10 certificate. I bought some blenders with it. They were running a sale and said i could use both the sale and GC and told me how to use both. When i got my order, one of the pieces was short and they hadnt honored my GC. So i emailed them, they called me back, and they credited my credit card for the amount. They said their system doesnt have a place to accept the Gc. ????? Then why offer it if it's such a hassle? I still play when i have time- it gives me something to do when i'm at the coffee shop with the DH( personally i'd rather be home sewwing) and if i win, it's a bonus.
Old 06-23-2012, 04:39 AM

I have done the Hop for a little over 2 years and have "won" a package of 6 - 1yd pieces of fabric, a $25.00 GC and about 6 - $10.00 GCs. Only one of the $10.00 GCs didn't get used only because the shop's stock was not in my taste. Since I do a lot of online shopping I loved getting these discounts. Plus I always enjoy visiting all the shops while I watch TV.