Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
All threads are not created equal >

All threads are not created equal

All threads are not created equal

Old 08-25-2009, 09:28 AM
Power Poster

I shop Walmart for items that can't be found anywhere else in this town. I won't drive an hour to avoid Walmart and end up at a Target to get the same things. :?
Old 08-25-2009, 09:34 AM

You have a good point!
Old 08-25-2009, 10:56 AM

i like connecting thread too you get more for your money and i'm on a monthly pay so it help two buy cheaper but their thread even better they are good thread
Old 08-25-2009, 01:02 PM

Just remember that lint collects in the tension discs and under the feed dogs as well as in the bobbin case, and you have to be a bit more proactive in searching it out in those areas because it's out of sight.
Old 08-27-2009, 06:30 AM

Just recently made my first purchase from Connecting Threads......couldn't be happier. I was using Mettler Silk finish from the LQS 500 yds spools......bought a cone from CT that is 5000 yds for the same price!!!!
Old 08-27-2009, 07:18 AM

Howdy from Texas!

I'm new posting to the board - but have been following it & enjoying all your topics for awhile now.
I'm a long-time quilter, quilt lover and FABRIC collector (most of all!!) :)

I've used the CT thread on 5 or 6 quilts now, and so far I really like it. I've had no problems at all, I have Pfaff & Viking machines.

If you're new to quilting, please beware of using polyester threads in piecing your quilts - poly thread is stronger than all-cotton fabric - and with time and use, it will cut into the fabric. No one wants all their beautiful work to come apart !!
Old 08-27-2009, 07:19 AM

Love the thread and the colors, but it pluged up my Janome machine with lint and that cost me $80 to fix. Sure wish I could though. My LAQ uses poly covered with cotton
Old 08-27-2009, 09:47 AM

:) Hi, I just read your post on thread. I used to use "connecting thread" I now use thread by "SUPERIOR THREAD". If you don't like the thread, you can return it. I order on line and they have "try me" specials. You will see the lint difference. It really is superior.
Old 08-27-2009, 10:27 AM

Thanks, Eddie! Your thread info. was a wake-up call for me. I'd been taking thread for granted for years, altho' I gave up buying or using the bargain bin threads many, many years ago. In fact, I did not realize that C&C Dual Duty is less than half cotton. Altho' the local Joann's sells Gutermann's, I always bought Coats&Clark, at half-price when possible. Joann's is handy when I've miscalculated and need another spool or 2 to finish a quilt. (I have to "unstitch" a lot and thank God for seam rippers). In future, I will try to stay one step ahead and order my threads from Connecting Threads. I just placed an order for some of the basic colors, although I wanted at least 1 of every color they have. I did some shopping around, after reading other responses to your "thread" thread, but was appalled at the prices, so I hope to be happy with Essential.
Old 08-27-2009, 03:00 PM

i usually buy threads from bayside quilting when they have a sale. i'll have to make a comparison. the best i ever used was king tut, but it is soooo expensive!