singer model #99 needle plate

Old 05-01-2014, 09:00 AM

I don't like doing searches unless it's to identify a machine - but I love sharing pictures! So if some wants information about what they have or what is different or what is missing - I'm fine.

I'm not as "fine" with the ones that are asking for sources for parts and supplies - but mostly that is because there are very few sources out there - and unless someone on here has an extra they are willing to part with. Which I don't have a problem if I got it - unless it seems like the same person is always asking for free stuff - but that rarely happens.

Which reminds me, I've got to get caught up and figure out if I've forgotten to send something to someone that I said I would send them. Right now I have no idea how many balls I've dropped - I've still got lots of extra stuff to get rid of, but unfortunately no needle plates for a 99.
Old 05-01-2014, 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by J Miller
Mike,

I am old school. I still write with a fountain pen. I still own and use typewriters. I still write hand written letters on paper and send them via the USPS in an envelope with an old fashioned stamp. I still have a black and white tv, although it won't work cos it's analog and I don't have a digital converter box for it.
My cell phone is not a "smart phone". It won't take pictures, won't do the internet, won't do anything but make phone calls and texts.
I still own a rotary telephone.
I'm an analog person in a digital age.
Hi Joe,
The last thing I asked was if you think it would be worth considering a sticky thread about helping folks like you. Only Anastasia has answered but then added that she enjoys proxy searching.

Do you think it would be worth considering a sticky thread with educational assistance for analogue people such as yourself? My dad might be interested too (he was a typewriter mechanic until they disappeared). Fountain pens are nice, but very modern: Where's your quill??

I.T. means Information Technology. Should I start the thread with this? (joke).

I'm hard to offend, and Steve I meant if someone asks something really simple they can do themselves, I won't, but instead show them how to do it. It's far more useful and satisfying. Researching is different. If someone asks an interesting, non-trivial question, I also like to help them find the answer. I know if I wanted to know about medieval armour, you da man!
Old 05-01-2014, 02:29 PM

Mike,
I think a sticky thread on how to search would be an excellent idea. However getting the moderators and administrators on this board to do that might be the deal breaker. I really don't think they like us here.

Quill, never did use one of those. However I have used the old Esterbrook dip pens and glass dip pens. I didn't really keep up with them as carrying a bottle of ink in my pocket was kind of messy.

There is still a typewriter repair shop here in Springfield. I really would like to get my three to the shop for servicing before they disappear too.

Joe
Old 05-01-2014, 06:34 PM

Check sewingpartsonline.com. I got a slide plate for my #99 through that site.
Old 05-01-2014, 11:54 PM

Mike,
I think a sticky thread on how to search would be an excellent idea. However getting the moderators and administrators on this board to do that might be the deal breaker. I really don't think they like us here.
Oh I see. Without the sticky it'd just get lost after a few days and we'd be back to where we are now. Well, I can only ask and see what they say.
Old 05-02-2014, 12:10 AM

Originally Posted by amcatanzaro
I wish we did have a sticky of all the links. Tammi and I discussed at one point that you can't google the tfsr information easily.
I've asked for this to happen, so now we must wait.
Old 05-02-2014, 05:31 AM

Mike,
I think a sticky thread on how to search would be an excellent idea. However getting the moderators and administrators on this board to do that might be the deal breaker.
Hi Joe. They said it's a great idea and the thread has been started. They'll make it sticky shortly but we can add to it when we like. I started by adding tfsr and ISMACS links. It's a bit late in oz now (11:30pm) but I'll add some info on searching with Google tomorrow.

If you didn't speak up it wouldn't have happened
Old 05-02-2014, 05:10 PM

So they have add to ignore list. Will that eliminate all posts from someone, or only topics they start?
Old 05-02-2014, 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by manicmike
Hi Joe,
The last thing I asked was if you think it would be worth considering a sticky thread about helping folks like you. Only Anastasia has answered but then added that she enjoys proxy searching.

Do you think it would be worth considering a sticky thread with educational assistance for analogue people such as yourself? My dad might be interested too (he was a typewriter mechanic until they disappeared). Fountain pens are nice, but very modern: Where's your quill??

I.T. means Information Technology. Should I start the thread with this? (joke).

**I'm hard to offend**, and Steve I meant if someone asks something really simple they can do themselves, I won't, but instead show them how to do it. It's far more useful and satisfying. Researching is different. If someone asks an interesting, non-trivial question, I also like to help them find the answer. I know if I wanted to know about medieval armour, you da man!
Oh good, next time I'll just tell you to hush, you're getting carried away.
Old 05-02-2014, 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by amcatanzaro
Oh good, next time I'll just tell you to hush, you're getting carried away.
It wouldn't be the first time someone's let me know