Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • New iron ??? Oliso Pro Smart Iron or Euro Steam Next Generation >
  • New iron ??? Oliso Pro Smart Iron or Euro Steam Next Generation

• New iron ??? Oliso Pro Smart Iron or Euro Steam Next Generation

Old 11-14-2014, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by PghPat
    I want to thank every one of you for all your input. I read and reread them all. I also spent LOTS and LOTS of time reading the reviews for both irons. In the end I bit the bullet and ordered the Oliso Smart Iron.....the upgraded one that doesn't shut off for 30 minutes. It is going to be delivered tomorrow - can't wait to try it out.

I will be sure and post (if there is an interest) about how I feel about it after a few days. I LOVE new gadgets. I am not buying fabric at the time - ha ha - but I never committed to not buying gadgets.

Thanks all! Pat
    You lucky quilter! You are going to love it! Please post your experience with your new toy.
    Old 11-15-2014, 07:48 AM

I have the Oliso the 1800 and I love it, you can purchase them for around $149.00 if you shop around, I love the 30 minute shut off and it works wonderful. Mine is yellow but I think that one comes in pink now. I gave a little more than that for mine but have had mine for about a year now. Different people have different opinions so you will get many answers here. I also own a Rowenta and have had it for years, it also is a great iron. Good luck and hope you find the one you want.
    Old 11-16-2014, 05:30 AM

I have a Black and Decker that I got at Big Lots for $20 and it works great. I've heard alot of negatives about the Rowentas. I've seen the Oliso on several shows and I love the auto up feature it has. The one feature that I have to have on mine is the auto off, of course I want the steam too but I have to have auto off with kids in the house and its so easy to get distracted. I also had a Sharp and it workd great and I've seen many stores use it too
    Old 11-24-2014, 02:43 PM

The yellow Oliso Pro TG1600 is available right now at Mass Drop for $139.99 - can go as low as $124.99 depending on how many people join the drop. So I joined - my first time to use Mass Drop. But for that price why not! I know that Joanns has a $59 Black Friday special the blue model - but I wanted the 1800 watt, 15 ft. Cord, and 30 minute shut off.
    Old 11-24-2014, 08:02 PM

I love my oliso. It has been great!