Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Quilting Retreat >
  • Quilting Retreat

• Quilting Retreat

Old 01-12-2018, 01:29 PM

Excellent ideas all! I have attended many quilting retreats with friends over the years. One thing I would add is: A good bit of HUMOR! See the funny side of mistakes, enjoy jokes, difuse Negative Nellies and shoot down Snobs. You are there to enoy and don't listen to the Braggy Betties, Money Motivated Marys and most importantly do not be disouraged by the Self-Appointed Quilt Police. Come home with good memories and great ideas to share. (with us)
    Old 01-12-2018, 02:48 PM
    Power Poster

A small first aid kit is a must. A cushion to put in your sewing chair and pretty flannel big shirt in case you get chilly in the sewing room.
    Old 01-12-2018, 02:53 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by LenaBeena
    Excellent ideas all! I have attended many quilting retreats with friends over the years. One thing I would add is: A good bit of HUMOR! See the funny side of mistakes, enjoy jokes, difuse Negative Nellies and shoot down Snobs. You are there to enoy and don't listen to the Braggy Betties, Money Motivated Marys and most importantly do not be disouraged by the Self-Appointed Quilt Police. Come home with good memories and great ideas to share. (with us)
    You left out the I'm Cheap Cathys, Hog the Design Wall Debbies, and the Cell Phone Talking Tillies. Really retreats are fun but you will find at least one person that gets on your nerves. LOL
    Old 01-15-2018, 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by Onebyone
    You left out the I'm Cheap Cathys, Hog the Design Wall Debbies, and the Cell Phone Talking Tillies. Really retreats are fun but you will find at least one person that gets on your nerves. LOL
    Yes! And the Critical Christines, Loud Louises, Perfumed Pams, Know-It-All Noras, etc.