Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Let's Hear About Your Heartthrobs! >
  • Let's Hear About Your Heartthrobs!

• Let's Hear About Your Heartthrobs!

Old 07-29-2018, 08:35 AM
    Power Poster

Nobody has mentioned Paul Newman. He was a hottie for sure.

As for Tommy Lee Jones, yes, something very sexy about him. He's a great actor. I cried a lot watching Lonesome Dove.

I find myself smitten with guys who are starting to be as young as my boys. A real wake-up call haha
    Old 07-29-2018, 08:51 AM

Gee reading the above lists there are lots; Clark Gable; Randolph Scott; Tom Skerritt; Tom Selleck; Mark Harmon; Richard Gere; Dean Martin (LOVE his music); Gene Barry; Raymond Burr; and am sure there are others. None that I really pine for though; just think they were really good looking guys; would never even get to meet them. I had a great husband and lost his when he was 42; he's been gone over 29 years now. Hard to believe and I miss him a lot. Cherish your fellows if he's a keeper. They are SO hard to find.
    I understand how you feel Battleax. I had one hanging around in my life like that - for way too long after my husband died (what was I thinking); found out he'd gone online and found a 'girlfriend' who was older than him (he was in his 80's by then); he was so lazy wouldn't do anything for himself (I think he was looking for his/a mommy). When I found that out I walked away and didn't look back. Do NOT need that in my life. I'm ok quite alone.
    I'm sure all those we have a flick of interest in might not be that great to live with or as nice as they seem - in reality. But we can dream; doesn't cost anything as long as we remember it is just fantasy.
    Old 07-29-2018, 08:53 AM

NoraB - Johnny Crawford I liked that show too; it's still on here too. Good clean show and always a good moral to the stories. Something NONE of the shows these days have.
    Old 07-29-2018, 09:02 AM
    Power Poster

I focus on character rather then looks alone. My husband is fine looking man who loves me - faults and all. He went to work every day to support his family and will join me in heaven when our time comes.
    Old 07-29-2018, 09:20 AM

Sam Elliot, definitely Sam Elliot. Bonus-He lives just a few miles from me! Rrrrowrrr! Bobby Sherman was another, and Howard Keel, and Patrick Duffy, and of course, the ring leader of them all, Freddie Mercury (even if I was not his type).
    Old 07-29-2018, 09:54 AM

I think my first big famous person crush was Ralph Macchio (The Karate Kid). I was 5 when it came out, lol.

All my constants are much older... Harrison Ford, Sean Connery (after he hit his 50s and went grey), Mark Harmon (also the "older version"), Toby Keith. A newer one the last few years is Jason Momoa (Game of Thrones, and some movies-- he looks like he'd be fun to hang out with, and not bad to look at at all!)

In real life, I'm drawn to tall, dark, more on the husky side, blue-collar type.
    Old 07-29-2018, 10:12 AM
    Power Poster

Sean Connery, Richard Gere, Sam Elliot. sexy men with great voices. but then i like Jason Statham of Transporter. I used to like a young man in 8th or 9th grade that he reminds me of. short, cute, etc. Odd but true. Oh and one more I can't think the name of. not tall, bow legged and balding. cute anyway. getting old like me.
    Old 07-29-2018, 10:14 AM

Does anyone remember John Davidson? His dimples were so cute. I really like Keith Urban (probably spelled his name wrong LOL) I like his solid love and devotion for his wife Nichole and his kids. He's kind of shy.
    Old 07-29-2018, 10:23 AM
    Power Poster

Another one for Sam Elliott- it looks like he's going to win this (whatever this is haha)
    I don't even know who he is??? But as I said my sister loves him.
    Old 07-29-2018, 10:24 AM
    Power Poster

Dean Martin had the absolute best voice ever!! I never understood why Frank Sinatra was more popular.