Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Virtual Quilting Weekend--January 18-20, 2019 >
  • Virtual Quilting Weekend--January 18-20, 2019

• Virtual Quilting Weekend--January 18-20, 2019

Old 01-18-2019, 06:30 AM

I will be knitting all weekend. My friend wanted to make a sweater for her grandson but it is not coming out great and she is still not thinking straight after hip replacement. So I told her I would do it.

I am waiting for some fabric for the third baby quilt I need to make. I have the fabric for the other two and I want to make all three together since I am using the same pattern. It should get here Tuesday since Monday is a legal holiday.

Keep up the good work. I will be watching.
    Old 01-18-2019, 06:31 AM

I'm in. I'll be working on my Grandmother's Flower Garden quilt that I started in 2017. It's been languishing awhile so I'm ready to get it finished. Here is a picture I took the other evening after I finished adding the third row.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]606964[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails 001.jpg  
    Old 01-18-2019, 06:50 AM

Last week I finished 4 UFOs to the point of getting them ready for quilting. This week...zilch. Have a 2 yo UFO up on the design wall now as I decide whether the corner sections I made a couple weeks ago with work or not. Still deciding. I'm now getting 3 projects ready to go for my March Quilt Retreat. Found the patterns, now to measure out the scraps I'll need, get them starched and pressed, then cut to size. We're expecting a snow storm so don't plan on venturing outside this weekend.
    Old 01-18-2019, 07:02 AM

I am in, I work today so I won't start sewing until this afternoon. I will be working on piecing a baby quilt & quilting a dresden plate. I also hope to add binding to a couple of table runners so I can work on them in the evenings while watching TV.
    Old 01-18-2019, 07:12 AM
    Power Poster

Irishgal... love! those bright colors
    Old 01-18-2019, 07:46 AM

I'm in too - it's snowing and blowing here today, 7" of snow in the forecast - sounds like lots of us are having bad winter weather!

Irishgal - I have a GFG that has been a UFO for over 30 years. My Mom started it for one of my sisters, and got several flowers sewn and then it got put away. I've finished making the flowers and have started sewing them together. I did fin it's easier to sew them in rows, so I've been working on putting them together that way.

This is the pattern my Mom had selected - the mid blue solid is what Mom selected for around the flowers. She had it sewn on a few of them.

hmmm- maybe I should go with a more basic layout and just sew the flowers together with a border around them and skip all the green triangles. I'd probably get it done that way. I do have a lot of green hexigons already cut - but they could be turned into squares for something else.

It wouldn't be as big as Mom planned, but it would be done! The thought of putting together all those green triangle section is what is keeping me from working on it.

here are the flowers Mom had complete.

It would feel real good to get this one together and off my UFO list!

Last edited by Macybaby; 01-18-2019 at 07:52 AM.
    Old 01-18-2019, 07:52 AM

I have kitted several mini quilts and will be working on those. Weather definitely will be keeping me inside. I have checked the larders and have all I need to stay in and stay warm! Think I may use the crockpot! I love how the house smells when it is cooking a roast or a chicken!
    Old 01-18-2019, 08:20 AM
    Power Poster

Well, I'm getting there. I finished the twenty blocks of the Courthouse Steps. I'm naming it "Over-Ruled".
    Also the hand quilting on the one I named Converging Streets is looking very good. Here is a close up. I used a darker thread in the sashing so that it would stand out.
    Attached Thumbnails over-ruled.jpg   converging-streets-progress.jpg  
    Old 01-18-2019, 08:24 AM

Here's today's project - for a foster kid charity.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]606970[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails 20190118_110635-1-.jpg  
    Old 01-18-2019, 08:42 AM

I'll be finishing another of the Moda Blockhead #2s block. Probably do another 6" block or two and make a trip just to purchase a spool of a slate blue thread to use on my hand stitched mini-wholecloth for doing in the evening while watching TV. Unfortunately I have run out of thread and the spool I used was label-less. *sigh* But hopefully I can get something close to it!