Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual Quilting Weekend--June 26-28, 2020 >

Virtual Quilting Weekend--June 26-28, 2020

Virtual Quilting Weekend--June 26-28, 2020

Old 06-27-2020, 05:10 AM

maminstl: I love my AccuQuilt system! Enjoy learning about both of your finds.

I enjoy reading the posts and seeing projects.

I sewed a little yesterday morning but was too exhausted later in the day. I was blessed by a group of 11 from my church in the afternoon. They started 2 gardening projects that were on my someday list along with a few other things. I enjoyed being with them outside.

I plan to finish my 6” squares top this morning and have started another project as a leader/ender with more of the the squares.
Old 06-27-2020, 06:00 AM

I started quilting a UFO yesterday. I hope to do more today, but we will see. My little Isabelle is turning one tomorrow and we will be having family over today to celebrate. I have a cake to bake and party food to prepare. I can't believe she is one years old already!!!
Old 06-27-2020, 06:12 AM

Worked on a July BOM from Incredibly Crazy blog last night.

Yay! I was able to attach a picture from my ipad again!
Attached Thumbnails image.jpeg  

Last edited by thimblebug6000; 06-27-2020 at 06:17 AM.
Old 06-27-2020, 07:51 AM

I am making great progress on putting together this version of a Drunkard's Path that I have been working on for the last several weeks. I have only 2 more rows to go. Now I am looking at it and thinking I was to make it larger. I am thinking a small border and then another border of the Drunkard's Path blocks done in the same variations. I am not quite sure on that yet but thinking about it seriously. First thing first finish the last two rows of what I am doing then measure the size for accuracy. The blocks are 14" each. I have 6 rows so it should measure 84". and quilt right now stands at 84" x 84"
So things are coming right along this weekend. I am so hopeful to have it all ready for quilting before the weekend is over.
Old 06-27-2020, 09:14 AM
Power Poster

Happy Birthday to little Isabelle! Can't believe a year has already slipped by since she was born!
Old 06-27-2020, 11:58 AM

Boy, I can't say I've made much progress at all today. But I did get to the LQS for new background fabric. Then we drove about an hour north to check out a state park campground - we have a big fifth wheel and it doesn't fit in a lot of the state park sites here in Indiana, so we always like to scope it out prior to booking. It checked all the boxes so we booked it for a week in October. Back home now and ready to cut the new fabric, maybe sewing will happen later today or sometime tomorrow?
Old 06-27-2020, 03:26 PM

The Turning 20 blocks are all together. It can wait for a while to get a back.
Got the week 7 instruction for the BOW. It's up on the design wall. Yes! It's a keeper. I'm going to copy all the instructions. Now it's 39x48 finished. Need to sew it all together. Thinking of adding a 3" border. Then 45x53. Can't decide. It's a nice wall hanging.
Old 06-27-2020, 03:49 PM

Finished the July block for Sew Incredibly Crazy bom
Attached Thumbnails image.jpeg  
Old 06-27-2020, 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by Julienm1 View Post
I'm in!!! Hoipefully will be done organizing so I can start sewing. Ready to assemble third baby quilt. Two tops are done but not basted so three more patterns to choose.

You guys ever get lost on Pinterest?
Yes! And today I spent hours on youtube watching quilt room and quilt room organizing videos! I'll work on my crazy quilt as far as I can. Lost 2 pieces and I'm waiting on a fat quarter to arrive Monday so I can hopefully finish the top up.
Old 06-27-2020, 05:15 PM

NZquilter: Happy 1st Birthday to Isabelle.

Keep up the good work, everyone.

I finally finished the top made with just 6” squares. I have been so pokey with getting simple things done. Oh well! It will be added to my church quilting box for them to sandwich, tie, etc. Then it will be donated. I have already started another top with more 6” squares.

The top measures 70.5” by 81”. Our church group has been doing quilts with squares for years and is close to 7000 donated.

Attached Thumbnails 9faaabf9-a635-487e-b617-0b1ee06ce46b.jpeg