Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • FQ'S at walmart >
  • FQ'S at walmart

• FQ'S at walmart

Old 03-23-2010, 06:27 AM

The Walmart store that I go to has the fabric and the fabric department is always busy. They sell a lot of fabric. I asked about the closing out of the fabric rumor and was told it depends on the area and how much volume of sales. In the area I live there are 4 Wallmarts within 20 miles and only two closed out on the fabric. One store had the fabric closed it out, then reopened the fabric department for about 3 months and then closed it again. I like my Wallmart as they have good fabric. Been really fustrated with Joann's lately as they have jacked up the prices so high. I have 3 quilt shops were I live and I can't afford $19.00 a yard fabric!
    Old 03-23-2010, 06:31 AM

Our WM took out fabric a while back. Then they stopped carrying other products I liked. This last month I didn't go to WM at all. I figured out if I shop what Kroger has on sale I can actually save money there. Dog food, another item I always bought at WM, has since come far enough down in price at Petsmart that I buy it there since I am there almost every weekend anyway for adoptions. Joann's is ok if I use coupons but I went to Hobby Lobby last month and got some great fabrics for the same price as Joanns on sale. Soo... WM is slowly losing me as a customer. There are other stores I have to drive to but they are not so far away that I can't plan to hit them on the way to or from another errand. Its just the planning the money part. I am also on disability .
    Old 03-23-2010, 07:40 AM

Appears our WM is doing the same - last week they had a few odd FQ left and a couple of the rolls on clearance, none I cared to buy ...
    They remodeled our store here last year and the fabric dept disappeared literally OVERNIGHT ... nothing was even put on sale, just sent to other stores
    I make very few trips to WM anymore, I can do better on most items at our HEB and Target stores, much cleaner and better service at both
    Old 03-23-2010, 07:55 AM
    Power Poster

The $1 fat quarters at our local Walmart are only good for project fabric. They are stiff and loose weave. The $10 fat quarter pack is good quality fabric. The jelly rolls are not that nice here and are on sale for $9.
    Old 03-23-2010, 07:57 AM

I was in a coupleo f weeks ago and they had a bunch of f4's for $.25 each! I got like 8-10 of them!
    Old 03-23-2010, 08:19 AM

I just noticed last week that our local WalMart is selling FQs - not much of a bargain tho. WIll have to check tonight since I plan a trip anyway.
    Old 03-23-2010, 09:03 AM
    Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

I went to WM to see what they had marked down of the FQ"s needlees to say I was sadly disappointed. There was only 4 fabrics and there was only 2 to 3 of them each. I bought 4 at a .25 each.
    Old 03-23-2010, 09:32 AM

I went to WalMart today and they were taking all of the crafts items they will not carry anymore and marking them way down. Buttons for 25 to 50cents and so on.
    Old 03-23-2010, 09:42 AM
    Dkm

Our Wal Mart stop selling fabric about a year ago, but they kept some jelly rolls and fq's. Yesterday I was looking in the sale items and found jelly rolls for $9 and 8 fa's for $5. They had a pretty good stack.
    Old 03-23-2010, 09:52 AM

I saw some fqs at WM the other day. Wasn't too excited about them, but for a quarter, I would have been buying them! That's a deal!