Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
I dreamed of my mother last night. >

I dreamed of my mother last night.

I dreamed of my mother last night.

Old 07-01-2010, 11:24 AM
Power Poster

I believe she did visit you last night. About two weeks after my mom passed my sis and I were visiting my dad. She had her four year old grandson with her. He was in the kitchen just talking away. I asked "Drew, who are you talking to." He answered "Grandma, she came to tell me goodby." Everything stopped for a minute. We ran out and of course there was no one there. I still believe she stopped in to tell Drew goodby.
Old 07-01-2010, 01:32 PM

My dad passed 22 yrs ago.I was pregnant with my 1st child. After my daughter was born I had the same bad dream of him over and over again. I was in a funeral home and dad was sitting up screaming to me about how much pain he was in. He died of colon cancer at 53. I had a terrible time that 1st year. Then the week of his anniversary I drempt him telling me" it's ok now I'm not in any pain anymore you can smile now". I had a difficult time that year and I was able to smile again.

JUMP 7 yrs. My son 3 yrs old had this hat he always wore. I couldn't get him to take it off. He's plays with this deck of cards too. I was puzzled... I asked him what are you doing? His reply... Grandpa is teaching me how to play poker! My dad had no hair on his head and he always wore his hat a certain way.... always played poker with the neighbors every friday night! My husband didn't even know this story! God works in mysterious ways!
Old 07-01-2010, 01:42 PM
Banned

This is not strange to me at all. Your mother was in your room. On your dresser to the left do you have a small vase with a flower? next to it a bluish bottle? there is a window to the right of your bed and either a bench or chair under the window. if I am right let me know. There is also something with yellow either she was buried in it, it was her fav color or your bedroom has yellow.
Old 07-01-2010, 01:44 PM

My mom died in 1977 and my sis and I have had the same dreams about her, same dress and place. Several times when I would take Mom to the hospital for her breast cancer treatments, I would often times catch a glimpse of Daddy (who died in 1962) for just a moment in the waiting room. Now that really freaked me out!
Old 07-01-2010, 01:52 PM

I'm home from work now and I've read all the posts y'all have left. Thank you all.
It's interesting how many of us have had a similar experience. Some stories are really amazing.
Old 07-01-2010, 02:24 PM

After my brother passed away (39 yrs old, lymphoma) I kept having dreams in which he appeared and said he was well and cured. (But he looked very thin and pale). I would tell him, "Great, now that you are well you can come home now!" And he would tell me, "I may be all right now, but I cannot go home with you." He never gives me a reason why. Just says he is ok and leaves. I haven't had this dream in the last few years.
Old 07-01-2010, 05:48 PM

I don't usually remember dreams, and so don't recall any of my relatives coming to me in dreams....but I have to tell you that when my dad died in 1983, we had a small, private outdoor memorial service for him. As the minister talked, I was looking up and there was a hawk circling above us. It stayed above us for the whole time we were there, and when we left, it flew with us as far as the interstate. I always just thought it was a neat thing to have happen until my ex's father and his best friend died in a boating accident. Pa was cremated and there was an indoor service for him, but Drake's service was an outdoor graveside service, directly after Pa's memorial. As we stood there, I looked up, and there in the sky, right above us, were two hawks...circling the entire time we were at the cemetery.

There was a hawk when my mama died in 2006 too...circling over my sister's backyard after the memorial service...

I believe...sometimes they visit in different ways, but I do believe!
Old 07-01-2010, 06:15 PM

I do believe that your Mom visited...how touching and nice for you...
I have had similar with 2 people...my Dad and my dearly departed husband. When they come to visit I am happy in the dream and say something like OH I haven't seen you for sooo long, how wonderful to see you!
Sometimes I wake up crying and missing them. But at least to get to see them sometimes that way is very comforting.
Old 07-01-2010, 10:39 PM
Google Goddess

Hugs to you, I do believe in dreams
Old 07-01-2010, 10:48 PM

My Uncle Jeff died in November 1993, he was my mom's brother. He had met all of his nieces and nephews to that point. My little sister was born in September of 1994 and so he never had a chance to meet her.

My mom and little sister were in a near fatal car accident 9 years ago and my mother was terribly injured, my little sister walked away with only a bruise from the seat belt. My mom recalls seeing my Uncle Jeff holding my little sister on impact.

I think your dream was a wonderful reminder of your mom and letting you know that she will never forget about or stop watching over her kids :)