Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
When do you abandon a project? >

When do you abandon a project?

When do you abandon a project?

Old 07-05-2010, 01:16 PM
Google Goddess

I love it, keep going and make the quilt
Old 07-05-2010, 01:50 PM

I agree with B. Zang. I think a simple applique would be really nice in the middle of the block.
Old 07-05-2010, 01:58 PM
Power Poster

Both of these fabrics are terrific!! So maybe they don't go with each other. If it were me, I would use each of them with other fabrics. Don't give up. Consider it a learning experience.
Old 07-05-2010, 03:48 PM

I do on occasion abandon a project, but never if it is going as good as yours. I think your quilt is beautiful. Keep going, if nothing else you will get the sense of accomplishment, even if you don't love it.
Old 07-05-2010, 04:27 PM
Power Poster

I like it too. It is subtle but the two fabrics work really well together. No need to abandon it at all. It's hard to judge a quilt by one block. You need the interplay of the other blocks to give it life.
Old 07-05-2010, 04:55 PM

i think those two fabrics were made for each other. it definitely looks intended and from the same line.
Old 07-05-2010, 05:31 PM

Oh! I love Blended Quilts! Keep going.
Old 07-05-2010, 06:20 PM

I like what you're doing. I think the 2 colors are lovely together. If you are still not happy another idea is to go back to the fabric store with your 2 fabrics and find 2 more to go with them that have more contrast, (darker/lighter). Then the 4 fabrics can play together. Scale is important also. You might like some variety in the size of your prints. Or throw in a solid/stripe.
Old 07-06-2010, 02:40 AM

Originally Posted by cminor
I got a gift card from my MIL for my birthday last month. I finally went to Joanns on Saturday and was totally drawn to 2 certain fabrics.

I came home excited wanting to maybe make something that I could give her. This would be my first gift. I wanted to use both fabrics together and spent most of Saturday trying to figure out how to do that.

I finally decided on a pattern and loved it since I would be able to strip piece it and it would go together quickly.

As you can see below, these fabrics don't really seem to work together. For as much time as I have spent on this board you would think I would have noticed the scale would not work. Not to mention, the color is so spicific I had a hard time trying to find another fabric to go with it. Everything was too blue - or two yellow. . .

My issue is this set of 4 blocks went together better than any other block I have made. Maybe becuase I actually washed the fabric first instead of skipping that step, or maybe I really am getting better at measuring and cutting (finally!). So now I am dissapointed that I almost know this will not work.

The block in the picture was not even trimmed. I can't belive how well it turned out. Well, except for the fabric I used! :)
i LOVE THE SUBTLY (SP) OF THE BLOCKS PATTERN AND COLORS. i WOULD USE IT AND BRING IN YOUR CONTRAST ON A BORDER, OR DO THEM ALL THE SAME. YOU ARE THE CREATOR, DO WHAT LOOKS AND FEELS RIGHT TO YOU. :thumbup:
Old 07-06-2010, 03:44 AM

I like the subtle contrast. It will make a very understated but rich quilt. If you feel you must add more contrast, perhaps if you applique various size circles on it in a random pattern. You should be proud of the precise job you did piecing these blocks. Please ost pics of the finished quilt!