Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Jo- Ann Announcement! >

Jo- Ann Announcement!

Jo- Ann Announcement!

Old 08-01-2010, 10:11 AM

The selection of yarn in South Florida JoAnns is terrible; extremely limited. They should take a hint from ACMoore. Unfortunately the only ACM near me is 35 miles away. As for the seasonal stuff, get rid of most of it. It usually ends up on a 70% off sale or the clearance section. Sometimes the material section has a lot of what looks like someone else's leftovers.
Old 08-01-2010, 12:04 PM

This is the same sort of product line shift I observed in the inital changes that the big WMs did here in NH. To the best of my knowledge there is only one WM in NH that carries any amount of fabric (at least that is what the dept. mgr. told me)....Humm.fmd36 in NH
Old 08-01-2010, 12:25 PM

Then we all need to write the corporate offices to make sure they don't reduce their sewing and quilting inventory. Somehow I don't think this is good news.
Old 08-01-2010, 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by raptureready
Let's hope this doesn't make them decrease their fabric selections. Our Joann's carries some really nice fabric at reasonable prices. Personally I wish they'd get rid of some of the garden, fake flower stuff, and Dollar Deal junk to make room for more fabric.
I so agree with you, rapture ready! I like the fact that I can get yarn and embroidery supplies there, but the garden and household stuff (along with the dollar junky stuff) needs to go so we can get more fabric!!!
Old 08-01-2010, 12:40 PM

oh no it's walmart!!!!! it's another bad dream???

what page are we on now 25??

LOL LOL
Old 08-01-2010, 12:54 PM

Over the last few years, our JoAnn's store here in No. Calif. has changed more than 1/2 of the sq. footage to home dec., crafts and aisles of "stuff" to buy. It is quite annoying to see the trucks unload fabric in the back of the store only to see it put into a cargo container in the back parking lot. The personnel are for the most part overworked and their customer service skills are minimal. I would almost rather drive 40 min. to the next JoAnn's store which is lovely.
Old 08-01-2010, 02:11 PM

I just got word from a friend that works in Hancocks and she told me they will honor JoAnn's fabric coupons only

how bout them apples?
Old 08-01-2010, 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by patti-cakes
I manage a stationery store and love to read everyone's comments regarding the love/hate relationship with Jo-Ann's. Here is an interesting "breaking news" story from DDi online new today(I love the wider aisle decision!):

"Jo-Ann Revamps Stores
July 30, 2010

Hudson, Ohio-based Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores announced new product offerings and changes to its store layout, according to RetailingToday.com. Jewelry aisles will increase from 88 ft. to 120 ft. in the company’s larger stores, making room for new selections of beads, chains, hair embellishments and epoxy jewelry. The retailer has also added an exclusive line of paper crafting sets dedicated to celebrating "Life's Little Occasions," and a better organized yarn selection, according to the report. "
So, that's what they're doing in our JoAnn's here. It's been a mess for the last couple months.
Old 08-01-2010, 03:59 PM

They would have to prove to me that those dept with all the junky, overpriced stuff makes any money?? It's so high that they can sell it for 70% off & still make money? I don't believe it, Now they have greeting cards! Get rid of the flower pots & all the seasonal stuff & put more fabric in there,like some NICE flannels? & do they really need MORE beads? Our Joann's hav enough for the whole state! I rarely see anyone buyiing them.
Old 08-01-2010, 03:59 PM

They would have to prove to me that those dept with all the junky, overpriced stuff makes any money?? It's so high that they can sell it for 70% off & still make money? I don't believe it, Now they have greeting cards! Get rid of the flower pots & all the seasonal stuff & put more fabric in there, like some NICE flannels? & do they really need MORE beads? Our Joann's have enough for the whole state! I rarely see anyone buyiing them.