Keuring Coffeemakers

Old 11-13-2010, 08:23 AM

My youngest son has had one for 2 or 3 years and absolutely loves it. We don't drink coffee, so we take his word for it.
Old 11-13-2010, 08:31 AM

I have the big one. I love it. I swap out the adapter for regular coffee and can easily swap the original guts back in for the K cups. Google "Big Cat Coffee" for good prices on the Kcups.
Old 11-13-2010, 09:10 AM

My quilting buddy has one. We had a wonderful time trying it out when she first purchased it. Our local store has sales often on the coffee. Her husband is its greatest fan. It's quick and always a "fresh cup of coffee" taste.
Old 11-13-2010, 09:16 AM

I have a single serve one at work and I love it. Makes a strong cup of coffee. I also have larger one at home. I actually prefer my small one I have t work. It's cheaper than ordering a coffee everyday from a coffee house. I can drink all week to compared to just one cup of coffee house coffee's. I order my coffee on line. The more you order the cheaper the price gets. I also buy at Kohl's when I get a 30% of coupon. I usually stock up them. We just tried the hot chocolate. IT IS FABOUSLOUS.
Old 11-13-2010, 09:35 AM

I get impatient at the 12 cup pot unit I have now. Can't imagine doing 1 cup at a time. My "cup" is a big mug.
Old 11-13-2010, 09:35 AM

I also love mine; was a gift. I don't like very strong flavor so got the Breakfast Blend and of course I use fat free half and half and I add just about a tsp of water to my big cup. Yummy; soooo good. I think I will go make me a cup right now. Especially like coffee in the winter time and it's getting pretty chilly right now. My dil likes really strong coffee and I bought some Dark Magic (I think that's the name) and it is way too strong. We make a regular pot of coffee in the morning, but later on in the day, it's great for just a cup or two. Thanks for the tips re: Kohl's and BB&B's coupons. Hadn't thought about that; bought my last package of Breakfast Blend at Target and it was 1.00 off.
Old 11-13-2010, 10:28 AM

We got a Keurig coffe maker for Christmas last yr. I use it mostly for tea or hot chocolate.My hub is the coffee drinker, but he usually gets it at Mcdees....where he meets with friends.
It works fine.We have the adaptor...use your own.coffee,tea etc...whatever it's called.Think it makes 4-5 diff size cups & holds quilte a bit of water.
They have great deals during the holidays.

Originally Posted by pheasantduster
Anyone there own one of those individual cup coffee makers. I am thinking of purchasing the Keurig Mini-Plus Personal Coffeemaker. My daughter on her own and there was one for use at her previous job. She is just a single cup of coffee and/or hot chocolate gal. She mentioned it last year for Christmas present. Any comments good or bad?
Old 11-13-2010, 10:34 AM

Isn't it? So yummy on a cold winter day.

We just tried the hot chocolate. IT IS FABOUSLOUS.
Old 11-13-2010, 10:36 AM

My husband bought two. One for home and one for his office. They are expensive and the K-cups are expensive too. Very handy it's still pricey at .50 cents a cup. Much cheaper then Starbucks but I don't even have Starbucks near me.
Old 11-13-2010, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by Jo Mama
My husband bought two. One for home and one for his office. They are expensive and the K-cups are expensive too. Very handy it's still pricey at .50 cents a cup. Much cheaper then Starbucks but I don't even have Starbucks near me.
Well, since I am spending $2.00 to $4.50 a day at Starbucks.. I should look into one of these! I only drink one or two cups a day and .50 a cup would be quite the savings.
I always hated wasting a whole pot of coffee, and the mess it makes, so this might be just the ticket!

FREE Quilting Newsletter