Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Found my fat quarters & jelly rolls.....grrrrrr..... >

Found my fat quarters & jelly rolls.....grrrrrr.....

Found my fat quarters & jelly rolls.....grrrrrr.....

Old 11-13-2010, 04:15 AM

dang! That's why I have so many projects started.
If anyone is searching for something.....see if you can spot my camera......
Old 11-13-2010, 04:16 AM

Know what's worse? Finding items in a place that you've already looked - they were just tucked under something.
Old 11-13-2010, 05:33 AM

But if you hadn't done that, we would not have heard from you and - related.
Old 11-13-2010, 05:37 AM

Can't find things? Oh, yeah, I bought fabric in Hawaii 2 1/2 years ago. For awhile I was deciding what kind of a pattern to use but when I got really serious....it's hiding. I've looked several different times but no luck yet.
Old 11-13-2010, 05:45 AM

Originally Posted by clem55
when I try to organize things, especially smaller notions, I never can find them. My just 'lay it somewhere" system seems to work better for me. The thing that gets me is when I am sewing, and I lay something like the seam ripper or small ruler down on the sewing cabinet, right where I am sitting and I haven't gotten up, and then I can't find the darn thing. Where the heck does it go?!!!
I am with you on that one. lol
Old 11-13-2010, 05:46 AM

I do this all of the time and get so very frustrated. I have a room for myself so it seems I would know where things are. I am making skirts for some of my GD's and I bought buttons for them in pretty color but do you think I can find them now? NO
Old 11-13-2010, 05:56 AM

In September, a friend of ours asked if I would sew some patches that he had on his shirt and make a patch with his name on it. I said that I would. Well, we went on a trip out west. When we got back, I was going to work on the shirt. Slight problem, I couldn't find it. I practically tore my sewing room apart, nothing. I was sure that it was in there. One day, I walked over to the tool chest (in my sewing room) to get out a pliers and guess what? Right there on top of the tool chest was the bag with the shirt. Don't know how I missed it. Shirt is done and he is happy with it. Now, where did all my homespun fabric disappear to? Had to go out and get some to do a project.
Old 11-13-2010, 05:57 AM

Glad you found your missing stuff. We have 2 huskies, 1 aussie and an 18 year old cat. When I look around our house at night - my female husky on the couch with me
male husky/cat on other couch and my husband sleeping on the floor. They have us well trained!!!! I know what you mean - love our babies!!!!! :lol:
Old 11-13-2010, 06:06 AM
Power Poster

Did something similiar last night--got a pattern and some markers and a piece of graph paper and was going to redesign it for a twin bed. Then as I traveled through the laundry room, I noticed the clothes were done drying so I set down the things I had in my hand and folded the clothes. Then when I got ready to do the redesign, I couldn't find the markers and papers. I went through this house 3 times looking on every possible flat surface--finally found them in a laundry basket--WOOO--Loosing my mind.
Old 11-13-2010, 06:32 AM

I am so happy to hear all these remarks.. I thought it was just my age.