Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Pictures
  • I'm needing a hug >
  • I'm needing a hug

• I'm needing a hug

Old 02-28-2011, 07:43 PM

First here is a great BIG hug. He is probally a very sad person. Maybe his wife or mother made quilts and was not as fortunate as we are today and could not aford new fabrics.My mil was from that era and I was scolded several times for what she considered wasting. I finely learned to use the smallest scrap. She even used old woren-out clothing to make braided/woven rugs. So please don't take it to heart. :-D
    Old 02-28-2011, 07:46 PM

OMG That is Beautiful!!!!
    Old 02-28-2011, 08:05 PM

It is a beautiful quilt. I would not pay attention to the man. Like someone said, he is from the depression era and maybe it reminded him of his mother or wife who quilted. Just never know why a person says what they say.
    Old 02-28-2011, 08:11 PM

Location: Ohio... wanna build a cabin in the woods and live off the land... and quilt all day!

***hugs to you***
    Ignore his comments, maybe he forgot to eat his Wheaties for breakfast. Your quilt is stunning, I would love to use my scraps to make one like it. I can only hope mine will be as beautiful <3
    Old 02-28-2011, 08:16 PM

What would he know. He's never made a quilt a day in his life. (Crusty old fart.)
    Old 02-28-2011, 08:28 PM

How many quilts has this know it all made? Not one I'd bet. Funny how those who think they know it all talk louder and longer than those of us who really do know that there is always something to learn. If he had just asked you a few nice questions I bet he could have learned a lot more and made a good friend. His loss. You are doing a great job. Don't let a man like that (or any one) make you feel small. You are a child of God and therefore worthwhile. Shame on him.
    Old 02-28-2011, 08:30 PM

Well, your quilt is beautiful, and you have done a wonderful job of quilting it, too!!
    Just keep in mind that horse's butts have been in every generation since God made Adam. You obviously came in contact with an older one. Here's a ((((HUG)))).
    If you ever run into him again, and he offers his opinion, I would smile, look around, and ask him. " Oh?? Were you talking to me??? I don't recall ASKING you anything!!"
    Some folks feel their day is not complete until they have peed in somebody's Cheerios.
    Old 02-28-2011, 08:47 PM

your quilt is beautiful and he is an old grouch. Bet he wishes it was his.
    Old 02-28-2011, 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by vicsdg
    How many quilts has this know it all made? Not one I'd bet. Funny how those who think they know it all talk louder and longer than those of us who really do know that there is always something to learn. If he had just asked you a few nice questions I bet he could have learned a lot more and made a good friend. His loss. You are doing a great job. Don't let a man like that (or any one) make you feel small. You are a child of God and therefore worthwhile. Shame on him.
    Ditto what she said! ((((Hugs)))) to you! Don't ever let some stranger's opinion get you down. If he doesn't pay your bills, feed your kids or buy your fabric, who cares what he thinks? The quilt is stunning. The worst part of this is that you are still hurt and he has probably forgotten the whole encounter. Don't give the old grump that kind of power ;)
    Old 02-28-2011, 08:55 PM

I love it!! Don't let a grumpy old man put you down! He was probably thinking about how his mother or grandmother used to make quilts.........