Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Secret Santa Sign-ups 2016 >

Secret Santa Sign-ups 2016

Secret Santa Sign-ups 2016

Old 10-25-2016, 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by onaemtnest View Post

It is really interesting, I don't love paisley but find the colorways that are usually in a paisley print interesting. They remind me of the late 60's and early 70's when everyone seemed to be wearing paisley's.
That's why I like them so much I think -- they take me back to my childhood!
Old 10-25-2016, 08:20 PM
Banned

Hints for my SS giftee.

1) You live east of me, but how far east is the secret.
2) I went shopping for you today, and I picked ups an item
you want (not the exact brand but will work the same).
3) You are looking for a particular kind of fabric, and I HOPE that it will be to your liking.
Old 10-25-2016, 09:58 PM

I get so engrossed in my stalking I forget to answer questions!....

1) Do you like the Clover style binding clips? Yes

2) lace book marks? (stitched on an embroidery machine) yes

3) Do you like magazine subscriptions? if yes which one(s) no

4) Do you do any hand sewing/quilting? yes but VERY not good at it.

5) Do you like "fat" ink pens? Maybe?? someone posted a pic of one

6) Do you like small not pads? yes

Old 10-26-2016, 02:21 AM

Just sayin':
Questions for anyone else:
1. Do you think you'd use a set of numbered pins (for keeping rows in line etc.) Probably not.
2. Do you use a thimble? Only occasionally
3. Do you like the rubbery bobbin holders (to keep the thread from unraveling) Use mini ponytail holders, have oodles
4. What's one place you really want to visit in the country or world? Normandy, France - paternal back to 1300s OR northern Scotland - maternal too far back to count! We call ourselves Scots! DH family in Munich & Kiev so Germany & Poland are possibilities, too.
hugs,
dj
Old 10-26-2016, 04:18 AM

Suzanne - I am in SE Wisconsin and you are More than welcome to come for a visit. Of course I'd "have" to take you to a few LQS. I mean, what kind of hostess would I be if I didn't?!

Klaws - you are very welcome to come along with us to Ireland. To be honest, depending on the cost, a quilters retreat there would be a dream, don't you think?

Onaemtnest - Idaho? I've never thought of it. But if you say it's pretty I will have to add it to the list. Yellowstone is a bucket list thing for me and my husband both. We just never seem to squeeze it in. I'd love to have a personal tour guide!

Coconuts - I'm with you. I'll be happy with Whatever I get. I joined to get to know my fellow quilt boarders, and that is the real gift. The actual surprise/present is just secondary. OMG. I just grew up. Who says the present isn't the most important?!? You know what they say....once you don't believe in Santa you get underwear.

LOL
Old 10-26-2016, 05:41 AM

redstilettos
Old 10-26-2016, 06:29 AM

I am going to go shopping for a few items to put in box that I think will be fun~ I was going to put in some homemade cookies, but wondered if maybe not a good idea because of allergies! I make a killer "breakfast" cookie, Oatmeal, peanut butter, almonds, chocolate chips, walnuts, and call them breakfast cookies because they are soooo nutritious! and they go well with coffee.

I am going to go find some doggie treats, I don't have any pets but love to spoil others when I can. I am a cat lady, but because of severe allergies I don't have any, But I am amazed when ever we go anywhere cats know I love them! We went to a nursery yesterday and was followed everywhere by two beautiful cats!

My Pal lives East of me, very very far East, she has a dog and she likes Purple...

I love some pasileys and hate some! I have one I got as a gift and luckily it is awesome, but it is a Batik and who doesn't love a Batik right?

Have a wonderful day~ Mary
Old 10-26-2016, 06:31 AM

Marietta, I love your Avatar!
Old 10-26-2016, 07:12 AM

I am sorry to my secret Santa for not getting on here working lots of long hours right now. So I will answer some of the questions that were asked.I do appliqué, like mini patterns for doll quilts,I love rulers but have no hexies, I like red and silver for Christmas colors, I don't have the bobbin thing to keep thread from unraveling. I like smarties candy, hot tomales candy, junior mints and circus peanuts.I like FQ's because of the variety. I just moved and was not able to bring my fabrics with me! But that is okay. I am in a smaller place but have lots of sewing room.
Old 10-26-2016, 07:33 AM

Have been shopping for my SS just got one of the things asked for! Pretty excited her box is coming together. Oh and she lives west of me. I love REd and Gold for Christmas.