Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
  • 2015 UFO Challenge of the Month >
  • 2015 UFO Challenge of the Month

• 2015 UFO Challenge of the Month

Old 05-13-2015, 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by tkhooper
    I think it is fantastic. Love the asian fabrics and the catch. Was it hard to do?
    TK. I first put some Velcro glue (it is just sticky not runny so it stayed out and did not fill stitching holes) in the middle of both sides, let it dry and then used gold thread to stitch down the outside edges..it seem very secure. The findings were from Dritz, found at JoAnns Hope that answers your question

Judy
    Old 05-14-2015, 05:30 AM

Originally Posted by Annaquilts
    Great job! I have been at my current place for over 6 years and most places I still have no curtians and all the others are too long. Two months, you are on the ball.
    7 years here and I still have some "window treatments" that are down right horrible. I'm doing window quilts right around the house. Should keep me busy for the rest of my life lol.

Judy yes that does answer my questions. Thank you.

Last edited by tkhooper; 05-14-2015 at 05:32 AM. Reason: I didn't see the post on the next page lol.
    Old 05-14-2015, 06:17 AM

Love the backpack. It is adorable plus interesting' She will love it.
    And, huskyquilter, your curtains are very attractive. Love the large rings at the top.
    Old 05-14-2015, 07:27 AM
    Power Poster

LOL...we've lived in our house 8 years and still have no curtains on several windows...one of the perks of country living...a wider view of the outdoors...love the sunshine coming in and bird watching.

That being said...nice curtains.....quilter...
    Old 05-14-2015, 08:56 AM

10 years a UFO - it is now completed & almost ready to go to it's new home. Started out as mystery blocks from my Arizona guild. Once I got to the reveal, I knew it would go to my nephew. Way back then, thought it would make a good HS graduation gift. Found a backing fabric I liked, worked the original borders (very odd size finish, but good for a dorm bed - extra long!). After much practicing on my Tin Lizzie on charity quilts w/pantographs this is the first of my own quilts I finally quilted on the Tin Lizzie in 2011. My husband died in May 2011 & it has sat collecting dust since. Showed it t my nephew & his partner when they were here for Thanksgiving to see if they even liked it & would want it. They did. Put it back on the Tin Lizzie in February to quilt the added borders to make it fit on a queen sized bed, then we vacationed in Italy most of March & returned my Mom home to Iowa in April. Now getting back to normal. I do need to get a box of color catchers & wash out the cat & dog hair & the dust it has collected over time... But am happy with the results.
    Attached Thumbnails trying-get-light-right-front-porch-1-web-ready.jpeg   jareds-quilt-bed-web-ready.jpeg   quilting-closeup-web-ready.jpeg   view-side-edge-bed-web-ready.jpeg  
    Old 05-14-2015, 09:16 AM

Love the border quilting. I never would have thought of that. It really makes the quilt stand out. Maybe I will add a border to the sampler I'm working on...hum, i'll have to think about that.
    Old 05-14-2015, 12:00 PM

Wow! Worth the wait, it looks fantastic on the bed. Congrats on the finish.
    Old 05-14-2015, 01:48 PM

AuntJo very nice, sure does not look like it had been "hanging around" for 10 years...great job and it has to feel so good to have it finished and ready to be delivered.

Judy in Phx, AZ
    Old 05-14-2015, 08:00 PM

Auntjo...What a fab quilt. I love the design and how good a feeling to no longer have a 10+ years ufo hanging over your head. Quilting is great, too!
    Old 05-15-2015, 04:04 PM

Rainy day here in Phoenix, AZ. Snowing in Flagstaff...Great sewing day...I work on my UFO from a class in 2004. Finished sashing on 4 blocks. I noticed that in 2004 I was not as careful with my scant 1/4" seams. They seem to "average" a coup,e of eyelash's width give or take. Yikkies hope I can make adjustment so blocks will fit... all the blocks were finished and three rows joined. Three rows to finish and the borders. Glad I still like the pattern.

Judy in Phx, AZ
    Attached Thumbnails image.jpg