Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
weight loss challenge with a prize.....July sign >

weight loss challenge with a prize.....July sign

weight loss challenge with a prize.....July sign

Old 07-18-2010, 03:23 AM

Originally Posted by quilthappygail
So nice to see a face to go with the conversations. Missy you are so pretty. and I can see you have a kind soul. You Can do this weight loss I know you can. You will get the help you need. I know it. Remember with every door that closes another opens. Which can bring even better things.
Oh thank you so much! I really appreciate it. I am going to hang on to those thoughts as I proceed through this journey.

Missy
Old 07-18-2010, 05:23 AM

Missy: I'm sure I don't need to ask, but I am going to anyway. As part of your treatment for obesity and surgical weight loss, do you have a counselor? It really isn't any of my business but many ladies I know who have lost huge amounts of weight opt out of the counseling thinking life will be perfect if they just lose weight. Most of these people are now heavier than they were when they had the surgery.

Your image of yourself and what you look like is a very difficult picture to change and it won't happen by magic. I care about your success. Thirty years from now I want to see a 71 year old woman with a healthy body image and an active life moving forward.

Please talk to someone who can help you change your brain's idea of who you are and how you look. I need you to succeed because that gives me hope.
Old 07-18-2010, 07:19 AM

Missy - ditto you are a very pretty and attractive young lady. It's great to meet you.
Old 07-18-2010, 03:40 PM

Oh goodness, we are all just gorgeous! In the old days, those of us who were pudgy were thought to be very beautiful and RICH because we had food to eat.

In Fiddler on the Roof, Tevie sings a song about being rich. The lines about his wife end with 'a proper double chin'.

We are getting healthy so we can live longer and more active lives. We already cornered the market on beautiful, gracious, giving, loving, creative, etc.
Old 07-18-2010, 05:32 PM

I'm counting those calories, I hope to be down to my target weight by Nov.

I ate a lot for lunch, but cut back at dinner so I was OK. I think blowing it early in the day is good at least I have time to rectify the damage.

As Gwyn reminded me, does anyone have a good excercise for getting rid of or tightening up a double chin. Mine looks like my nearest realtive could have been a chicken. I'll live with the wrinkles, but I don't like the sagging. I've looked on line but I want one that works.
Old 07-18-2010, 08:47 PM

Talk to your doctor and give it some time. Your body will need time to adjust. If it becomes necessary for your feeling of well being, talk to a plastic surgeon. I think they can so some simple office procedures that are not as invasive as a face lift.

Remember: It looks much more exaggerated to you than to the rest of us. Have someone take some pictures of your face. You may not look exactly like what YOU see in the mirror.
Old 07-19-2010, 01:24 AM

Going on two months and I have not lost anything. But I have not gained eather.
Old 07-19-2010, 09:42 AM

Have you measured yourself? Can you add an extra 15 minutes to your workout? Have you checked with your doctor? Are you eating enough? Are you taking a medication that tends to interferes with body weight? (Antidepressanats can cause big problems).

If you are being honest with yourself about sticking to the program, and it isn't working, you might want to talk to a doctor.
Old 07-19-2010, 10:13 AM
Banned

Today starts a new week. I guess I should put eveything in prospective, In Jan I weighed 209 lbs I would have killed to have weighed 185. Yes I lost most of that at the beginning and fell off the wagon but I didn't gain it all back or even gained it and more. I wanted t0 lose between 50-60 lbs I am almost 1/2 way there. I felt my best when I weighed 145 so I am really shooting for that. Being dizzy and have extra weigh doesn't help especially when I fall and I need help. It is hard when I don't feel well to cook for myself however I am going to make bean salad, easy peasy with canned green beans. I can make some hard boiled eggs too. I have cottage cheese and canned chicken. Today I will TRY and make stuff and put in in the fridge so I won't have to cook but when I am hungry I will not grab a slice of bread and butter as I have been doing lately. Hopefull I will be up and about in a few days and then could get back to cooking. OHHHHHHHHHHH I have a beautiful farm fresh red cabbage I asked in the recipe section for red cabbage with caraway seed. My ex mom-in-law made it that way but I haven't had it in over 20 years. The recipies I found had apples none with caraway seeds. Cabbage is filling so I wanted to make it if anyone has a recipe could you please give it to me? I think I will google the health benefits of cabbage. Thanks
Old 07-19-2010, 01:10 PM

Oh Missy you are lovely and such an inspiration to me. You are right tru this is a new week and I have jumped on it!! Thank you all for continuing to remind me that this is a battle that won't be won over night and I really just want to be healthy no matter what.

Thanks to all of you for being here.