Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Oct 2011 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!  Winner is Createfourpaws >

Oct 2011 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize! Winner is Createfourpaws

Oct 2011 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize! Winner is Createfourpaws

Old 10-10-2011, 11:24 AM

Hard to keep up with everyone, which is awesome! LOL

Leanne-We definitely need to hide the sugar. As long as I don't have the sugary stuff in the house, I stick to my diet.

Nancia-I'm with you on looking forward to a skinnier Thanksgiving, I want to see us both in the 180s by then! :-)

BettyKay-Upping the calories a little bit does seem weird, but it makes sense too.

PodunkPrincess-You can make it past this plateau, and your weight isn't going up, which is awesome.

PamH-I'm a big fan of exercise dvds too, especially since I feel weird exercising in front of people. I use the biggest loser ones right now. I used to run a lot about 10 years ago, so I'm looking forward to getting to a weight I feel comfortable running at.

Plainpat-It sounds like you are doing well sticking to a healthy diet, and the diary is a good idea.

Meanmom-Congratulations on being 1.4 lbs down, I know how hard it is to resist eating when people are eating around you.

JHolm-Hope you are feeling better, and every meal that you eat that's healthier is a step closer to your goal.

Mim-That's awesome you are doing home improvement, I have a theory that it helps a lot with weight loss. :-)

Murphy-Congratulations on being down 2.5 lbs! Keep up the good work.

Reisingranch-Maintaining your weight is a step towards the right direction, just keep up the hard work. :-)

Bjeriann-8 lbs?!! I'm not sure what you are doing, but keep it up.

Irishrose-I think dogs are great to go on walks with too, they always seem so excited to exercise. LOL

Glassnquilts-You can do it, this next week will be awesome. My kids are great about making sure I don't even look at food they know is bad. LOL Just enlist your daughter, I'm sure she would help.

Createfourpaws-Keep up the recovery, that's a big weight difference already too. Hope you are feeling better today.

I hope I didn't miss anyone. Today the plan is stick to the diet, and try to make myself drink some water. I haven't been great about that this weekend.
Old 10-10-2011, 11:38 AM

Great advice, marscrafter, but one of them wouldn't work for me. I am fiercely independent and would slap any family member or friend who told me what I can or cannot eat. I'm my own food plan police and no comments are welcome, but then I never get any, so it's not an issue.

I was 5'8" before osteoporsis did in my spine. Now I'm only 5'5 1/2". I hope that the end of it. I don't like the view from down here. Some of my family members have short legs and long bodies like their dad. My legs are very long, so it's fun getting in a car after they've driven. My car now resets to my settings, but some of theirs don't.

I'm halfway through my power washing and I'm taking a break - a very wet break. Okay, off to drink a lot and get back to work. This should burn some calories.
Old 10-10-2011, 12:35 PM
mim

asthma and coffee -- yes it is true -- it is easier to carry caffeen pills -- no-doze or whatever is the brand if you don't like coffee.

DS2 had severe asthma and if he didn't have an adrenilin shot with him, it helped him until he could get to an ER.

Thank goodness medicine has improved since those days. But I did hear that the breathing sprays have been made a prescription med. That will make them more expensive, I imagine. They should have just put them behind the pharmacy counter like they did the cold meds.
Mim
Old 10-10-2011, 12:48 PM
elm

Not doing well this month. My willpower has deserted me.
Old 10-10-2011, 01:02 PM

We will encourage you. I am losing slower than I want, but I keep thinking of the tops in my closet just waiting to be worn. Autumn is soup season. Maybe soup before anything else will work. I just bought the makings for tortilla soup for tomorrow. I love broth, just going to try and not have so much salt.

Slow but sure and it will stay off longer. It took years to put it one, so lets do it one day at a time.

Originally Posted by elm
Old 10-10-2011, 01:38 PM

Same here...losing way slow.Looks like colder,soup weather here later in the wk. Hub calls it chili weather....so will make a pot of chili.It's very filling, don't need much to go with it.He's wanting a coconut cream pie, so need to make one...lucky I'm not wild about pie.
Did real good today, even tho we ate in my fav place.Baked chicken breast half,mashed potatoes,small serving of stuffing & same of green beans.Was very good & I had enough.We have fresh apples from a local orchard...sweet & juicy. One will be a nice snack this eve.

Originally Posted by Murphy1
We will encourage you. I am losing slower than I want, but I keep thinking of the tops in my closet just waiting to be worn. Autumn is soup season. Maybe soup before anything else will work. I just bought the makings for tortilla soup for tomorrow. I love broth, just going to try and not have so much salt.

Slow but sure and it will stay off longer. It took years to put it one, so lets do it one day at a time.

Originally Posted by elm
Old 10-10-2011, 01:43 PM

Irish rose and everyone thank you for your concern for my daughter and her horse. My daughter was stiff and sore this morning and I bet her horse "Harlem" was too but, they both seem fine so I am thankful. Irish I did not know you had a horse background. That is nice to know! I do love the horses and the wonderful childhood they have given my girls. There is just such a special bond between a good horse and its girl! They will work thier heart out for someone they love. Almost as loyal as dogs.
Well I learned a couple of things today. First I am up a pound and a half today. I stayed within my calories yesterday and I did sit alot (In that now roomier chair! LOL)but because of where we were at we had fast food for breakfast and I brought the small luchables and grapes for lunch and I had my addiction a shaken Iced tea lemonaid with just 2 pumps of classic instead of however many they usually put and then we ate out where I had a chicken breast and rice so I should of been ok calorie wise but I bet the sodium was shy high. It really does make a big difference. I just looked at the nutrition info plainpat posted and YIKES the sodium and calories are crazy in some of meals on there. So I am not going to panic yet I will drink my heart out today and see what happens. Sometimes it is so hard to not eat out when you are on the run.
The second thing I learned today is I am starting to really lean towards the theory that arificial sweetners are not so good. This morning I tried this diet hot chocolate with a small amount of sugar free carmel syrup and 1/2 a cup of skim milk only about 75 calories. I thought I was doing good then I got sidetracked and didn't have my oatmeal for breakfast so about 10:30 I feel shaky and starving wanting to eat everything and it has been that way all day even after eating a healthy lunch. I think I do better with real food and a small amount of real sugar if I am going to have something sweet.

nancia you are so sweet! but I am with pam H if I ever get skinny I will still be a big ole pear shape! but maybe a miniature pear instead of a roma shape!:)

Mim and Xylie you both amaze me. can you two come spend a week with me??? I can't get my dh to finish anything around here. I would be to chicken to do half of the stuff you two do. So can I steal you two for a week or so I will spoil you and let you quilt in your spare time! My house would look so much better in just a week with you two around. So is it a deal??? :shock:

Createfourpaws I hope you continue to recover at great speed. Take care.

I hope everyone else has a great low calorie day. I still keep thinking about eating so I am going to go look at plainpats nutritional info and see if I can scare myself into being good! lol
Old 10-10-2011, 01:49 PM

some thoughtful entries. i am waiting for my mexican food from amy's to heat. organic food in a microwave--doesn't that seem wrong? sort of technology against nature. or perhaps, proof the 2 can co-exist!
i will weigh myself again on sunday if i can stay off the seductive scale in the meantime. it's all about gravitational pull, after all. sometimes i feel more earthbound than others.
my dh is playing in nyc today with an old friend from college. they are meeting at her hotel so i had to give him all sorts of grief about it! i know he wouldn't fool around so i'm not jealous or worried! whatta ya bet he brings me something FATTENING from the deli? ny delis are the best!
i am going to address envelopes for the boomerang swap today. i have the fabric ready to roll. a pretty mint green oldey floral. i think i will request pastels and cream. usually i just mail it, and be surprised, but i feel in a girly mood for this one. odd. i'm neither real girly nor into pastels. some of the participants in the previous swap ran into problems and couldn't do their part. isn't it just common courtesy to then return the f8's? i feel very disappointed. the blocks that did come in are beautiful and more than enough for one or two quilts. but i used a different fabric for about 8 f8's and was planning on a lap quilt for my senile old mother--91 today! and 5 of those have not come back. on to plan b. poof!!
why am i not driven to even take my dinner(breakfast) out of the micro-wave? lazy butt! oh well. GO RANGERS!! everyone have a good night, and take care of yourselves! that is really what this is all about!!
Old 10-10-2011, 01:50 PM

Jeanne I hope things settle down for you and you start feeling better. Keep up the good work you have come along way in finding out what is going on.

Gosh I am going to have to go back and reread what everyones real names are. Murphy1 I think it is funny that we are both named Nancy and our screen names are our dogs names and our avitars.
Old 10-10-2011, 01:58 PM

Keep forgetting to say my name is Patricia.I'm only Pat on line....as DH says.,if he ans the phone & they asked for Pat...he knows it's a stranger.
Mom called me Patti from 1st grade on & that's what family calls me, no matter how old I am LOL
I'd like to see a pic of everyone......makes you more real.

Gosh I am going to have to go back and reread what everyones real names are. Murphy1 I think it is funny that we are both named Nancy and our screen names are our dogs names and our avitars.[/quote]