Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Oct 2011 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!  Winner is Createfourpaws >

Oct 2011 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize! Winner is Createfourpaws

Oct 2011 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize! Winner is Createfourpaws

Old 10-09-2011, 09:29 PM

rita'smom-- keep it up and we'll start calling you skinnybutt! i had a similiar experience in a plane seat. it is so much nicer to fly when you don't fill all of your seat and six inches of the seats on either side! so congrats, tinytail!!
Old 10-10-2011, 02:35 AM

Can't say I know anything about coffee & asthma....will ask my Dr.I do fine so long as I walk at a normal pace & ditto for exercise.That's why water aerobics works so well for me.

So happy for all the losers on here. Very inspiring.I'm more of a plodder....knowing I just need to stay on plan & sooner or later,the pds will begin to move.

My appetite for low cal/low fat food doesn't cause me to eat too much,but for sure,I don't want the good stuff. Already had more than my share of that & have a wt problem to show for it.
Made the no crust pumpkin pie yesterday.It was ok.Today we'll be in the city for DH's Dr appt.Will have my usual high fiber cereal for brfast & take apples,grapes,cheese sticks & a high protein bar each to get thru lunch.We'll more than likely eat out after appt.

When eating out, my journal book goes along.That way I can't forget what I ate.A neighbor gave me 3 zucchini...need to find a recipe that doesn't include bread or cheese.Sorry to ramble....have a good on plan day.
Old 10-10-2011, 03:21 AM

I weighed in Saturday. Another 1.4 pounds gone. I had several out of town guests this weekend. My DIL and SIL were here. They are leaving this morning. They are both diabetic and supposedly on strick diets. OMG all they did was eat. Meals snacks etc. I of course had to eat with them. Much as I enjoy their company they need to go before my new smaller pants don't fit. I Am afraid of the scale today. I didn't exercise all weekend either. YIKES! I packed a healthy lunch for work today.
Cindy so glad to hear you are doing better. You are still in my prayers. Hope all continues to go well. Don't rush things as it usually just slows recovery down.
Old 10-10-2011, 03:56 AM

Sounds like my BIL...also badly diabetic & would not/could not get his food plan under control.It finally killed him.Sad situation, He was a smart man,but just lived to eat.Congrats on your 1 1/2 pd loss.Good for you.Now it's back to it & know you'll do fine .

Originally Posted by meanmom
I weighed in Saturday. Another 1.4 pounds gone. I had several out of town guests this weekend. My DIL and SIL were here. They are leaving this morning. They are both diabetic and supposedly on strick diets. OMG all they did was eat. Meals snacks etc. I of course had to eat with them. Much as I enjoy their company they need to go before my new smaller pants don't fit. I Am afraid of the scale today. I didn't exercise all weekend either. YIKES! I packed a healthy lunch for work today.
Cindy so glad to hear you are doing better. You are still in my prayers. Hope all continues to go well. Don't rush things as it usually just slows recovery down.
Old 10-10-2011, 04:18 AM

Good morning everyone!

So good to hear people are doing better health wise. I'm not sure what I'm doing. I got up at 3 a.m. this morning and have been dizzy ever since. I have water aerobics at 11 a.m., hope I can go. Will be glad to see that doc tomorrow. My food wasn't good yesterday. I had treats at church and then a sandwich at DGS apt at noon. After that I got things under control so I guess I should say just the morning was bad.

I guess we all have some work to do on our eating/food plan. Good luck everyone. Remember, We can "Get ER Done!"

My prayers are with those still in various stages of recovery, God Bless Everyone.
Old 10-10-2011, 05:09 AM
mim

I've been "right out straight" as they say here in Maine. Helping Ed choose what to pack for Olympia. Why is it that men pack more non essentials?? Basebal caps!! He had to have 4 -- he already has lots back there.

I got him off and started a carpentry project I've been yearing for. I must have taken inches off my legs climbing up and down ladders yesterday afternoon.

I am putting in a beamed ceiling in the sewing/computer room. There is none there now. So I had to measure at the 8 ft height across the room. The tape measure didn't want to stay put and falling just as I was trying to read the numbers. In an old cabin walls are not exactly straight and square and the beams are being cut to size. They will be delivered this morning and I will stain them outside. I will get the hangers ready this morning and move electric wires.

I will also eat better now that he isn't here to temp me with his goodies -- not his fault -- it's mine. I WILL toss out the sour cream and chive chips and pretzels.

Congrats to all of you who are winning. I hope that recovery keeps getting better for the hurting. I can't imagine how difficult it is.

Thank you all for the encouragement -- Mim
Old 10-10-2011, 05:09 AM

I'm clearing out a lot of saves I don't need.
This is one some ppl might not have seen.Nutritional info for a lot of retaurants.It's a starting place & I use it often.

http://www.dwlz.com/restaurants.html#C
Old 10-10-2011, 05:32 AM

I hadn't thought of that. I am tall so leg room is awful on a plane, but the worst is worrying about weather the seatbelt will fit. Last time I flew, I just held the seatbelt under my top, I wasn't going to ask for an extension. I hate flying anymore, so it will be awhile before I get the weight down, and do the happy dance about the room in the seat. Soooo many things to think about.

Monday recording - down 2.5 pounds since October 1st.

Originally Posted by nancia
rita'smom-- keep it up and we'll start calling you skinnybutt! i had a similiar experience in a plane seat. it is so much nicer to fly when you don't fill all of your seat and six inches of the seats on either side! so congrats, tinytail!!
Old 10-10-2011, 05:44 AM

I like the phrase "tiny hiney" which I will never have since I have alway been "broad in the beam".
Old 10-10-2011, 05:54 AM

WOW! What a chatty bunch in the past 12 hours! Where are Missy & MJ? I got to sleep in since it is a student holiday. Not sure what workout I will do, but I can't do yesterdays. KILLS my knees. I took a pain pill during the night and that is after taking one when I went to bed. The rest of me is just as sore. I am so outta shape.

Jeannette, WTG in passing the food places. Lucky for me, I've been out of the fast food circuit for a long time. As Nancia said, little steps, BIG victories.

Judy, I am not a "pet person", so I really can't relate to those who have them. I do know that they require LOTS of attention. That is something I have not been able to give and I think it cruel to just park a dog in the back yard. Plus, with our allergies, it has never been doable. And don't even get me started on losing a pet - did that with my ex.

Nancia, you just reminded me that I wanted to go to Joanns today BUT I have not checked my fleece supply to see what I need. I wanna make a quilt for my grandkids that is,,,,,lemme just go take a pic of the pattern. Hold on......

Ok, it didn't insert here. I guess it will show up at the bottom.
My grands are 5 & 7. We'll see if I can make time to make them. I could never live in a house with stairs. My knees won't let me. Are you following the Rangers? DH is loving it!

Theresa, it is up to YOU. Make the choices today that take you closer to your goal! You can do it.

Cindy, I think it could rain every day for a month and the ground would still soak it up. We have been so parched for so long! I feel for your healing. I forget that hiccups, sneezing, and just laughing can cause so much pain. I pray that this is a good day for you.

marscrafter, you just made me realize my sweet craving. I've been dying to make cookies. During the fundraiser on Friday, I grabbed DH & I both a bag of m&ms - that really got me going. I will do better today. There is nothing handy to grab.
We can do this, you & I!

Ritasmom, like you, I am down over 40# since I joined this group. I applaud your hard work. Being comfortable in a seat seems such a small thing but takes great effort to accomplish. Glad that your DD & her horse are ok.

Pam_H, did you make it without a snack until bedtime? I've never heard "broad in the beam". How demeaning! Now, "tiney hiney" I LIKE! ha

Xylie, I am surprised that it is still so hot in your area. We are around 90 and it is amazing how much difference 10 degrees makes.

plainpat, you just ramble away. I do it all the time and haven't been kicked off yet. Carrying around a food journal is evidence of your commitment. Keep rocking!

meanmom, congrats on your loss and thanks for posting so that we can be inspired by your success.

Jeanne, I pray that you have a super successful day!

mim, wow, what a project you have going on. And good for you throwing out those things that you don't want to find their way to your hips & butt!

Murphy1, aren't you happy about your weight loss for the month! Stay with it.

Time to get moving. Have a wonderful Monday!

Monster quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]268903[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-268850.jpe