Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed >

September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

Old 09-03-2011, 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by skaduzy
I got 2 secret pals this month. One lives in the state I was born in (not the one I live in) and the other lives in a state that I drove through to get to the state I was visiting.
And where were you born? Is it the sunshine state by any chance??L

Surely you didn't drive through FL going anywhere from OH, lol. But PA, IN and KY watch out!!!
Old 09-03-2011, 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by candi
I got 2 secret pals this month. One lives in the state I was born in (not the one I live in) and the other lives in a state that I drove through to get to the state I was visiting.

Surely you didn't drive through FL going anywhere from OH, lol. But PA, IN and KY watch out!!!
Well, that could be ME! I'm in IN!!
Old 09-03-2011, 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by arizonagirl
Originally Posted by thomp116
Originally Posted by fayzer
Well, it is a good thing I have finished shopping for my SP. I have a 6" blood clot in my leg. It is in the Saphonas vein so it is OK just really painful. I just have to stay off of my feet and that's no fun. I have lots to do. MY package goes out Tuesday. Thank goodness I print postage at home and my mail lady will pick it up. I made a mug rug for you last week. I got lucky as I used your favorite color. As for clues......my SP lives in the same time zone as me and sits right on the state line. No more clues for now Hehe! Hope you are good at guessing.
Is it me? I am definately right on the state line! And in the same time zone, too! I am also near a bunch of water in someone's earlier hint.
Ok Kris my clue about the water wasn't for you. We are in September now not August. I had you last month...lol That counts as my new clue you all now know who it isn't...lol
But I really loved my mug rug and pin cushion! OK, let's go with the whole state line thing then!
Old 09-03-2011, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by lauriejo
That is one of the ones I am doing tomorrow, along with Jefferson. We only got five of them done the day the three of us went. So Marlys left her passport with me to finish hers too. I took my son the other day and went to the Warren & Niles ones, and DH is going with me tomorrow. Are they worth the drive? Well other than winning the sewing machine lol!
I just finished this shop hop on Thursday. I liked the Quilt Parlor in Albion. She was so nice and her cat was a cutie.
Enjoyed all the shops but especially my favorite Cottonpickers in Chardon.
Hope we both are lucky enough to win something!
Wow - my favorites, too. I'm glad you liked Meg's shop. Did you really only see ONE cat??? The rest must have been in hiding. I'd love to spend a day exploring Chardon. I wonder if we should stay home to get the phone call about all the prizes we won?!?!?!?!?!?
Old 09-03-2011, 04:04 PM

I'm thinking of starting a spreadsheet... I'm near water, love Lindors, can't be the one with only Moda as only fabric b/c I listed more than one, don't live near a state line.

Today I picked up a quilt that was LA'd @ LQS. Well if you take the "L" roughly - it's about an hour away. While there I finished up my shopping. On the way home, I passed The Windmill and picked up a little something for my SP's good friends. Now to decide on what to make. Hmmm...

Krystyna, every time I see your avatar, I admire it. Is there a story? It just makes me want to know more about the woman in the picture!
Old 09-03-2011, 04:11 PM
Swap Hosts

I went shopping today for my SP. I picked up a couple of things for her. I also got her a package of Lindt Lindor Truffles. I hope she likes them.
It's me! Yum! Thank you so much.

And yes, you should be jealous. A garbage bag FULL of immaculate quilting fabric. I had to stop myself from going through it until we get the furniture back in place.
Old 09-03-2011, 04:13 PM
Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by Tussymussy
Originally Posted by Krystyna
Originally Posted by Tussymussy
Trying to behave myself, but I cannot.

So, as I was catching up and reading all the stuff about allergies, I noticed that no one was allergic to rattle snakes or spiders... :mrgreen:

Now where are my traps and nets ...
Krystyna, Krystyna, I have missed you so much. Can you bring your traps and nets here - some idiot wants to set up a snake centre in the middle of town - we only have one native snake, the adder, and a pseudo snake - the grass snake.

We need you! ;)

Hmmm I got loads of water here too, in the sink, in the toilet, in the shower and in the washing machine. There was some in the kettle but we drank it!
Sorry to say, I am actually terrified of snakes, all reptiles and spiders, too. Not too fond of worms either, but a necessary evil both in the garden and on the end of a fishing hook.

Off to pick up that fabric and four looms. What the heck am I going to do with four looms???
I can help you with both those problems. I have got my qualifications and am registered. Just a little therapy and you will feel a lot better.
Thank you so much Sue. I'm ready for my first session! Now where do I lay down?
Old 09-03-2011, 04:14 PM
Swap Hosts

I went shopping today for my SP. I picked up a couple of things for her. I also got her a package of Lindt Lindor Truffles. I hope she likes them.
I would LOVE them ;)
Sorry, Candi, but they're MINE! And I am not good at sharing truffles. :mrgreen:
Old 09-03-2011, 04:39 PM

It's me! Yum! Thank you so much.

And yes, you should be jealous. A garbage bag FULL of immaculate quilting fabric. I had to stop myself from going through it until we get the furniture back in place.
If you need me to I am willing to adopt some of that fabric for you...lol
Old 09-03-2011, 04:39 PM

I was not born in Florida and that is all I will say about that (except it is a state in the northeast.)
For my second SP, I also drove through this state to get to Florida on a different trip.
Are you confused now?