Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed >

September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

Old 09-03-2011, 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by 3NorwichTerr
It's rather ironic that there was an ad for a nebulizer at the bottom of the page when I was catching up and reading the conversations about allergies. Have they been lurking?
I think they have been LOL
Old 09-03-2011, 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by 3NorwichTerr
What a story and what a talented family. very cool.

Deby

Originally Posted by Krystyna
Originally Posted by peaceandjoy
Krystyna, every time I see your avatar, I admire it. Is there a story? It just makes me want to know more about the woman in the picture!
It's based on an actual photo of me when I was much younger and living in simpler times.

My mother did it as a sketch and then my sister, who died about 20 years ago, an artist until she developed MS, began a painting based on my mother's sketch. She added the cross and the stark wall because when I was a teen, I wanted to become a cloistered nun. She was unable to finish it and I held onto it for years. I finally worked up my courage and finished it myself. I gave it as a gift to her daughter who has cerebral palsy.

The quilt is one that I also finished for my sister. It was started by my grandmother, worked on by my mother and abandoned in a cedar chest for decades. I fished it out, and without knowing anything at all about quilting, finished it by hand and gave it to my sister when she was bedridden and distraught. She was buried with it.

And that's my avatar.

For some reason, it wasn't easy writing that.
Krystyna thanks for sharing your story with us.
Old 09-03-2011, 06:24 PM

Krystyna I often wondered if that was a picture of you. Didn't realize the picture contained a story. Thanks for sharing. I had to laugh when you wrote "What am I going to do with 4 looms" I can so relate. I keep bringing in things but not too many things go out. I need a clean sweep, when you get done with your house you can come clean out mine. I can't resist fabric, sewing machine,etc. just keep bringing things home.
Arizonagirl, Lindt truffles are my favorite, but I did not list them, just listed milk chocolate,it would be great if you were my sp. Lindt truffles are a special treat we always get in our Christmas stockings
Old 09-03-2011, 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by TOOMANYUFO'S
Krystyna I often wondered if that was a picture of you. Didn't realize the picture contained a story. Thanks for sharing. I had to laugh when you wrote "What am I going to do with 4 looms" I can so relate. I keep bringing in things but not too many things go out. I need a clean sweep, when you get done with your house you can come clean out mine. I can't resist fabric, sewing machine,etc. just keep bringing things home.
Arizonagirl, Lindt truffles are my favorite, but I did not list them, just listed milk chocolate,it would be great if you were my sp. Lindt truffles are a special treat we always get in our Christmas stockings
Ok who ever has TOOMANYUFO'S please send her Lindt truffles as she wants some really bad...lol
Old 09-03-2011, 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by koko
Originally Posted by Lori Peercy
Here ia a note I got from wandercreek, she said it was ok to share with all of you.

Hi Lori,
Sorry that I have been out of touch for so long but things have not been going well with my mom. They have told us 4 times now to have the family get to the hospital as she won't make it through the night and then she does better for a few days. I have been at the hospital constantly since she was admitted and when not there I have been at my dad's house. He is taking this very hard and I am afraid I am going to lose both of them in a very short period of time. My dad has always had someone to look after him, first his mom and then my mom and can't look after himself. He can't cook or anything and since I am the only one not working it is all up to me. My sister finally agreed to help out so that I could come home for the weekend and see my daughter and grandson and get some stuff done at my house. My daughter called me yesterday and said I received 2 packages in the mail and was very surprised when I came home today and opened them. One was from an angel (Koko) and the other was from my secret pal for July (Tussy Mussy). It took forever but finally arrived although the packaging was a little damaged and it had been put into a clear bag by the po! Maybe that is why it took so long to get here. Now I am concerned that I received a package from an angel and also received my original package. I will be sending them both emails shortly and am trying to find my camera so that I can take pictures. What should I do about the angel package since my original package did show up? I'll tell you it was a wonderful way to get a little cheer in what has been a very trying time for me. I have not touched my quilting since the end of June with moving and it may be some time before I can get back to it with what is going on with my parents and I really miss it. Please let me know what to do about the second package. Thanks so much for your understanding,
Rose
Our thoughts and prayers are with you as you go through this difficult time...

What to do with your second package? Enjoy it of course. There are no coincidences in life - it was meant to arrive when it did from an angel just for you whether you received your original package or not.
Very well said Koko, I second this.
Old 09-03-2011, 07:40 PM

Kystyna I am in tears,
Old 09-03-2011, 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by arizonagirl
I went shopping today for my SP. I picked up a couple of things for her. I also got her a package of Lindt Lindor Truffles. I hope she likes them.
I love Lindor Truffles. Maybe they are coming to my house. :-D :-D
Old 09-03-2011, 08:04 PM

I would send Lindor truffles to TOOMANYUFO'S if I had her but I don't.
Did go to a LQS today to try to get a couple of items on my SP list but that store didn't have what I needed. :-(
I will try another one on Tues. after work. If I can't get something close to what she asked for I'll have to figure something else out. But I'll have some extra energy when the truffles come, and I eat them up!
Old 09-03-2011, 08:28 PM

Clue # 2 both of my pal likes the color green and Moda!
Old 09-03-2011, 09:08 PM

Oh Oh I love Lindors and MODA.Theres alot of water in Lake Cumberland.Could it be me?