Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed >

September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

Old 09-03-2011, 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by lauriejo
Originally Posted by skaduzy
That is one of the ones I am doing tomorrow, along with Jefferson. We only got five of them done the day the three of us went. So Marlys left her passport with me to finish hers too. I took my son the other day and went to the Warren & Niles ones, and DH is going with me tomorrow. Are they worth the drive? Well other than winning the sewing machine lol!
I just finished this shop hop on Thursday. I liked the Quilt Parlor in Albion. She was so nice and her cat was a cutie.
Enjoyed all the shops but especially my favorite Cottonpickers in Chardon.
Hope we both are lucky enough to win something!

Just finished this afternoon for me and Marlys! The Quilt Parlor is really cute, but no cat :( I think my favorite was either Designers Two (such great novelty fabric) or Quilting B's in Cortland (not actually on the hop, we just passed by it). Keeping my fingers crossed!
I wonder how such a small town like Cortland can have so many quilt shops? You could just spend the whole day visiting all of them. I didn't see the Quilting B's but may have to take another trip there. (My closest shop is Cottonpickers and its 20 miles away. )
Old 09-03-2011, 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by thomp116
That is one of the ones I am doing tomorrow, along with Jefferson. We only got five of them done the day the three of us went. So Marlys left her passport with me to finish hers too. I took my son the other day and went to the Warren & Niles ones, and DH is going with me tomorrow. Are they worth the drive? Well other than winning the sewing machine lol!
I just finished this shop hop on Thursday. I liked the Quilt Parlor in Albion. She was so nice and her cat was a cutie.
Enjoyed all the shops but especially my favorite Cottonpickers in Chardon.
Hope we both are lucky enough to win something!

Wow - my favorites, too. I'm glad you liked Meg's shop. Did you really only see ONE cat??? The rest must have been in hiding. I'd love to spend a day exploring Chardon. I wonder if we should stay home to get the phone call about all the prizes we won?!?!?!?!?!?
I did only see one cat. It was a big gray boy named Buddy and he was laying on a table on the front porch. You traveled pretty far for this shop hop. ( I think all three of us should win something for finishing. )
Old 09-03-2011, 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by candi
I got 2 secret pals this month. One lives in the state I was born in (not the one I live in) and the other lives in a state that I drove through to get to the state I was visiting.
And where were you born? Is it the sunshine state by any chance??L

Surely you didn't drive through FL going anywhere from OH, lol. But PA, IN and KY watch out!!!
I was not born in Florida and that is all I will say about that (except it is a state in the northeast.)
For my second SP, I also drove through this state to get to Florida on a different trip.
Are you confused now?
Oh no, no confusion yet, you made it clear that none of your packages are coming to FL. But I see that one of them could NE going to WV? Do we have any WV people playing? Could be VA too, or one if the Carolinas. Now, if you tell me which state you visited on your last trip, maybe we could narrow it down :mrgreen:

And New Yorkers, watch out, NY could be the state she was born in.
Old 09-03-2011, 05:04 PM

It's rather ironic that there was an ad for a nebulizer at the bottom of the page when I was catching up and reading the conversations about allergies. Have they been lurking?
Old 09-03-2011, 05:09 PM
Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by peaceandjoy
Krystyna, every time I see your avatar, I admire it. Is there a story? It just makes me want to know more about the woman in the picture!
It's based on an actual photo of me when I was much younger and living in simpler times.

My mother did it as a sketch and then my sister, who died about 20 years ago, an artist until she developed MS, began a painting based on my mother's sketch. She added the cross and the stark wall because when I was a teen, I wanted to become a cloistered nun. She was unable to finish it and I held onto it for years. I finally worked up my courage and finished it myself. I gave it as a gift to her daughter who has cerebral palsy.

The quilt is one that I also finished for my sister. It was started by my grandmother, worked on by my mother and abandoned in a cedar chest for decades. I fished it out, and without knowing anything at all about quilting, finished it by hand and gave it to my sister when she was bedridden and distraught. She was buried with it.

And that's my avatar.

For some reason, it wasn't easy writing that.
Old 09-03-2011, 05:12 PM
Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by arizonagirl
And yes, you should be jealous. A garbage bag FULL of immaculate quilting fabric. I had to stop myself from going through it until we get the furniture back in place.
If you need me to I am willing to adopt some of that fabric for you...lol[/quote]

Sorry, but a huge pile is going to someone who bought some fabric from me, but the package was lost. Sending her a refund and a nice surprise package.
Old 09-03-2011, 05:29 PM

Dear SP,
Although you are far away,
I'll be thinking of you today.
Labor Day Sales will keep me hopping
For my Secret Pal I will be shopping!

Peace and Joy,
Robin
This is so very clever. :-) Love it. I like sale stuff...

Deby
Old 09-03-2011, 05:30 PM

Candi,
Now you are trying to confuse me. I am not saying another word, at least not tonight!
Old 09-03-2011, 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by Krystyna
YAY! Just won an eBay auction for my SP's favorite fabric collection by her favorite manufacturer. Only one hint and it's a broad one: she likes Moda. Is it you?
Could it be Moda~Kansas Troubles? One of my favorites. We are also hoping Katia goes way way out to sea. It is scary when your living is made out of a lobster boat and this is the fishing season. The boats all have to come out of the water or go into coves. A lot of time and money is spent to try to prepare for the storms it also damages trap gear and makes more work because everyones trap are wound together. We didn't get hit hard but we always prepare for it the best we can.
Old 09-03-2011, 06:06 PM

What a story and what a talented family. very cool.

Deby

Originally Posted by Krystyna
Krystyna, every time I see your avatar, I admire it. Is there a story? It just makes me want to know more about the woman in the picture!
It's based on an actual photo of me when I was much younger and living in simpler times.

My mother did it as a sketch and then my sister, who died about 20 years ago, an artist until she developed MS, began a painting based on my mother's sketch. She added the cross and the stark wall because when I was a teen, I wanted to become a cloistered nun. She was unable to finish it and I held onto it for years. I finally worked up my courage and finished it myself. I gave it as a gift to her daughter who has cerebral palsy.

The quilt is one that I also finished for my sister. It was started by my grandmother, worked on by my mother and abandoned in a cedar chest for decades. I fished it out, and without knowing anything at all about quilting, finished it by hand and gave it to my sister when she was bedridden and distraught. She was buried with it.

And that's my avatar.

For some reason, it wasn't easy writing that.