Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed >

September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

Old 09-03-2011, 09:30 PM

Both of mine should have theirs on Tuesday.
Old 09-03-2011, 09:49 PM

This is the pm I sent to wandercreek after she asked about the 2 packages:

To: wanderingcreek (all from/all to)
Subject: Packages

You will do noting about the extra package but enjoy it and remember that we are all thinking of you and sending loving thoughts your way. You are in a very tough place right now and anything that we can do for you should just be accepted with an open heart in the nature of how it was sent to you. Hugs to you and prayers going out for you and your family. We are all thinking of you everyday. Hang on to that and know that you are not alone. Hugs, Lori and the crew.
Old 09-03-2011, 10:01 PM

OK I think that maybe I should be do a commercial about this is your brain on drugs....I have just now finished the complete swap and triple checked it and found many many MANY mistakes. They are all corrected now and I am sorry fot the pms flying all day to different people. I am shopping for a wig tomorrow, hope they are having some sales. All the mistakes were mine and everyone is taken care of now. If I hadn't checked so many times further down the line it would have been SO BAD!! Thank you all for your offers to help and switch secret pals. It should be smooth sailing now. It was not the number of swappers this month but my mental state. I have fallen in love with spread sheets they are the only thing that saved what little sanity I have left. I am so ready to enjoy the hints and fun now!!! But in a funny way I am proud of myself for getting it right even though it took so long!!
Old 09-03-2011, 10:11 PM

Krystyna, I'm sorry if I upset you. It was rude of me to ask. The picture is somehow both haunting in its starkness yet soothing with the symbol of faith and focus on a project. It is definitely a tribute to the strength of the women in your family. Thank you for sharing.

On a lighter note, I'm pretty sure that I can add NY as a place of birth. I'd move to FL from NY, too. Actually, we do have a vacation home (condo) there. We'll be spending Christmas there this year.

I've got to get back to sleep, I have some serious sewing to do tomorrow! Well, later today, actually. DH was having a bad dream, woke me up. He is now snoring away and I am wide awake. Grrr.
Old 09-04-2011, 12:08 AM

Originally Posted by wanda lou
Clue # 2 both of my pal likes the color green and Moda!
Oh, could I be one of them? Green is my favorite color and I LOVE Moda fabric!!
Old 09-04-2011, 02:34 AM

My prayers go out to you Rose. I lost my mother this year and i know how hard it can be. As for the two packages i say keep them both. I do not think anyone would mine.
Originally Posted by Lori Peercy
Here ia a note I got from wandercreek, she said it was ok to share with all of you.

Hi Lori,
Sorry that I have been out of touch for so long but things have not been going well with my mom. They have told us 4 times now to have the family get to the hospital as she won't make it through the night and then she does better for a few days. I have been at the hospital constantly since she was admitted and when not there I have been at my dad's house. He is taking this very hard and I am afraid I am going to lose both of them in a very short period of time. My dad has always had someone to look after him, first his mom and then my mom and can't look after himself. He can't cook or anything and since I am the only one not working it is all up to me. My sister finally agreed to help out so that I could come home for the weekend and see my daughter and grandson and get some stuff done at my house. My daughter called me yesterday and said I received 2 packages in the mail and was very surprised when I came home today and opened them. One was from an angel (Koko) and the other was from my secret pal for July (Tussy Mussy). It took forever but finally arrived although the packaging was a little damaged and it had been put into a clear bag by the po! Maybe that is why it took so long to get here. Now I am concerned that I received a package from an angel and also received my original package. I will be sending them both emails shortly and am trying to find my camera so that I can take pictures. What should I do about the angel package since my original package did show up? I'll tell you it was a wonderful way to get a little cheer in what has been a very trying time for me. I have not touched my quilting since the end of June with moving and it may be some time before I can get back to it with what is going on with my parents and I really miss it. Please let me know what to do about the second package. Thanks so much for your understanding,
Rose
Old 09-04-2011, 02:59 AM

Originally Posted by skaduzy
Candi,
Now you are trying to confuse me. I am not saying another word, at least not tonight!
LOL, sorry.
Old 09-04-2011, 03:04 AM

Wanda Lou, well with your second clue I ma thinking it is nit coming my way, I love green and love moda, but don't think I listed any manufacturer's names.

Lori, I am proud of you too, food job on getting all straightened out and thanks a million for hosting.

ToomanyUFOs, I am heading to Portland, Maine today with hubby and the bikes, Cape Elizabeth, here we come!!! :thumbup:
Old 09-04-2011, 03:37 AM

I tried posting last night, but error occurred. I listed green as my favorite color and Moda. I guess too many of us like the same thing and this stalking is too difficult for me. I figure I will have to hire the professionals. Candi what do you charge by the hr? Candi enjoy Maine. My father was born in Cape Elizabeth. He grew up played in Two Lights, his grandmother was the wife of a lighthouse keeper.
In the late 50's, Early 60's my family moved downeast, where my g-grandmother was originally from. I live about 1 1/2 hrs east of Bar Harbor. The untouched part of Maine.
Old 09-04-2011, 03:57 AM
Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by peaceandjoy
Krystyna, I'm sorry if I upset you. It was rude of me to ask. The picture is somehow both haunting in its starkness yet soothing with the symbol of faith and focus on a project. It is definitely a tribute to the strength of the women in your family. Thank you for sharing.
Oh, you didn't upset me at all. I love the picture and was happy to share about it. I think that it just made me a little sad - missing my mother and sister and wishing I lived a lot closer to my niece. But ... it's all good! In a way, that self-portrait reflects the "me" that I am today. I think I've come full circle and its all good.

So very sorry to hear about wanderingcreek. Prayers going up for her.