Online Dating..Opinions.

Old 03-15-2011, 05:05 AM

I, personally wouldn't even THINK of online dating, there are just too many "crazy" people out there.
Old 03-15-2011, 05:08 AM

I think it's great, just be very careful. I tried it, met a couple of really nice men and one real dog but had came to my senses before it was to late. Now I am thinking of trying it again, would like to be pen pals for awhile and see what happens. I have been widowed 3 years and I think online is best for me at this point in my life. A very wise person told me it is the safest way to meet someone these days and you will probably go throught some real loosers before the right one comes along. Best of luck to you. Keep us informed.
Old 03-15-2011, 05:29 AM

I met my husband in a chatroom. We have known each other for 4 years and married 2 years. Up to now, we have never had a dissagreement. But, it can be very dangerous. You really have to know what you are looking for and check them out thoroughly. I really met some scam artists and no-goods.
Old 03-15-2011, 05:57 AM

My granddaughter got herself in a terrible mess this way. Married the guy and within 2 wks. found him to be very abusive. By this time she was pg. Now she lives with her parents with the baby and he is causing all sorts of problems with the divorce. May be okay for some but give it plenty of time and don't take chances!
Old 03-15-2011, 06:04 AM

I meet my husband playing cards online in 2001, we dated long dstance (Vancouver, BC Canada to Los Angeles) for 7 years. married in 2008 and I emigrated to the USA in 2009. It worked for us - but we weren't looking for love just wanted to play pinochle in the beginning. Have to be careful!
Old 03-15-2011, 06:05 AM

My son met his wife on line in a chat room of people from the same area. My daughter is dating men she has met online in the same kind of room. She meets them at resturants during the day the first time. Does not let them know where she lives until after 3-4 dates. Just be careful. When talking on line you learn a lot about how a person thinks faster than a couple dates. But people can lie too, so you have to be on your toes and have a good memory about what the person says and see if you catch him in stories that do not add up. I have met some really nice people on line and then in person. Not dating but just people from a chat room that we got together in TX, NYC, Seattle. Good luck, be careful.
Old 03-15-2011, 06:17 AM

I met my husband online six years ago and we have been happily married for four years. We both grew up in the same city but did not go to the same schools. His kids were the same age as two of mine, but we would never have met if it wasn't for online dating. I dated for about a year before I met him. I would always meet my date in a public place and he would never know where I live until I had seen him a few times and felt ok with it. I also always had my own car and someone knew where I was going and with whom.
Online dating can be dangerous, but so can meeting someone in a bar. I say to go for it and have fun!
Old 03-15-2011, 06:19 AM

Some are very good and protect their contact info..be very careful and do what YOU think best....you know you better then anyone.
Old 03-15-2011, 06:59 AM

I met my husband on line he was in another state so I felt safe.We've been married 13 years now.I think in that time when we met the world was a better place ,you still had to be very careful but people were better then.I would be very careful now a days to many preditors out there now you could be in touch with someone from your opposite sex or the police or you might get lucky and fine a real gentleman like I did and several of the other people who answered you.Your moms right not all of it is good.Please be careful.

Elaine from Pa. http://community.webshots.com/user/heellie
Old 03-15-2011, 07:33 AM

I dated a few very nice men I met on line at dating sites.
I eventually met my husband at an online dating site also.
Always make sure you have a way out have a friend go to dinner or the movie you see or whatever for at least the first date so you have someone to rescue you if things go wrong. Don't let them know where you live untill you are very sure of them. I only had one bad experience and my friend being in the same bar was what helped me out. Just be careful.