Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Support families of deployed service members >

Support families of deployed service members

Support families of deployed service members

Old 04-18-2011, 03:42 PM

Oh , sweetie. I know just how you feel. I was an army brat , so when my hubby deployed, I knew I could handle it. But I was pregnant with our first . And far from my family. It is tough. But you can do it. Try to join the wives club or something so you don't feel so alone. I cried for a wk .one time. But ,I finally got myself under control. At least you have the children with you. Our DD is currently in AF. Some days I cry for her. It is tough.
Old 04-18-2011, 03:52 PM

gunny148.....just want to say thank you you were over there whem my husband was. every 6 months it was a west pak and he always ended up in the gulf area. he retired navy but his heart has always belonged to the marines that he did nam with for his first 5 years and then pathfinders then navy. so sempi fi
Old 04-18-2011, 03:58 PM

OH Misty, you know if I were there I'd give you a hug. I'll be back this summer again and we'll get together. Here's some cyber {{{ HUGS }}} for you. My daughter is still there in the Springs. They sold their home and moved onto Peterson. Call if you want to talk.
Old 04-18-2011, 04:06 PM

Now you make me cry. I wish you would send this same letter to the President of teh USA. I feel so bab for you.
Old 04-18-2011, 04:07 PM

I know this is not what you want to hear but you are getting strong for you and your kids. Your husband is doing an amazing thing and so are you and when you learn all these new things will make you even stronger! To have a military husband you must already be strong, so cut yourself a break....sometime PEOPLE SUCK, and if your husband was there or not PEOPLE SUCK! Not all people and not all the time it just sounds like you ran into a couple of those. You are going to be fine it was one day, go take a bath have some chocolate, you'll feel a little better! If you need someone to buck you up send me a PM I can be there for you like your husband is there for all of us!
Old 04-18-2011, 04:34 PM

I have so been there!!! I know exactly how you are feeling. In fact I have tears in my eyes as I read this to my DH. He is now retired from the Navy and no longer deploys. He is now a pastor at our church and home pretty much every night for dinner.
It makes a huge difference when you have a friend or two that you can call on days like this. You mother was no help. She probably has never been in this position. I can recall several times when I have had days like yours and just broke down. The first deployment I cried for three days when I broke. The last deployment I got really depressed and hardly got out of bed. I gained a bunch of weight. Thank God I had some friends that were really concerned for me and would call me and even dragged me to my Dr.
I don't know if you belong to a church or not but let me tell you, my church friends have helped me survive through the 7 deployments that we had!!! I am so glad that your neighbor was there for you today!!!
Old 04-18-2011, 04:36 PM

May God bless your whole family.
Old 04-18-2011, 04:56 PM
Banned

I can feel your pain!
Nobody ever said being a military wife/spouse was going to be easy or FUN....you do have to be strong and learn to be independent for you and your kids...
Those deployments sure helped me prepare for being a single mom...but then I was raised military and grew up with Dad always gone and mom did not drive! As the oldest I had to grow up quick and learned to drive at 14 with a special lic. to take my mom shopping on Sat.
These days I think deployments would be easier without all the modern technologies...sometimes hearing their voice on the cell phone, or seeing them on Skype just makes it worse!
Get involved with the other spouses and make sure the command has a counselor you can talk to when you need to!
Old 04-18-2011, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by suebee
Ahhh, I feel so awful for you. I dont know what it is like to have your hubby so far away, but I will tell you that I am so grateful for what all deployed military families endure while their spouses are gone and this is a great example. I would like to thank YOU from the bottom of my heart. Words cannot express how proud I am to be an American and how much I appreciate your sacrifice. Feel free to PM me anytime. I will listen :) HANG IN THERE! {{{{{HUGS}}}}}}
Very well said, I wish I lived closer so that my hubby and I could help out. I know this is very stressful but feel free to pm me also if you need to talk. Bless you
Old 04-18-2011, 06:06 PM

I am so sorry ((((((HUGS))))) your way!