Hobbies

Old 05-25-2011, 10:00 AM
Banned

Same here....no quilters :cry:
Old 05-25-2011, 10:25 AM

Of all the women in my bldg., I'm the only 1 /w a hobby. Quilting of course. I'd go nuts if I couldn't keep my hands busy. These women do NOTHING. They have no hobbies, unless you call being nosey and gossiping a hobby. It's so much easier to be busy and stay out of trouble. I do wish I had someone close to discuss colors, size, suggestions, etc. but it's not to be unless someone moves in that will be the one. Sure hope so. Sorry for the blabber. Don't know if I'm disgusted /w their actions or just wishing I had someone closer to share.
Old 05-25-2011, 10:48 AM

I agree with you so much. I've always had hobbies because of my need to "create". I used to urge my husb. to find a hobby but it just wasn't in him. He supported mine though. I can't imagine what I'd do without an interest.
I also can't imagine how I'd get through life without this darn computer. LOL
Old 05-25-2011, 11:51 AM

I don't necessarily have to talk to anyone about quilting, but I would be BORED TO DEATH without an outlet like quilting! I don't know how people do it - I guess that's why THEIR houses are clean!
Old 05-25-2011, 12:11 PM

I thought I'd find a close quilting friend within my quild but I didn't. I'm active in my guild and am friendly with tons of members but you don't always make that special connection. It did happen several years ago with someone I "talked to often" on a quilting message board, we found out we live about 5 miles from each other, began going to local quilt shows and our friendship took off from there. We even have a group from many states that meet in Lancaster PA for the spring show and lots of fabric shopping.

About people without hobbies, some I know spend too much time on keeping everything in their homes in place and too much time stressing over things. Running off a bunch of string or crumb blocks is my stress releaser. Due to arthritis I've had to end or limited my hobbies of painting and gardening but quilting I can do forever. May in Jersey
Old 05-25-2011, 12:59 PM

my bf gets upset with me cause she is a tv person and i am not. she says she can't talk tp me about anything cause i don't watch her shows. it is funny though cause she pretty much carries the conversation non stop when we talk on the phone, lol so there is couple of hours of conversation. tv puts me to sleep or i will have it on for background noise but if i want to stay awake i need to quilt or stitch something. she just can't understand it though. but that is okay tv is her hobby and i have mine.
Old 05-25-2011, 01:03 PM

Here too, my only friend and best friend who does every craft and hobby I do is my wonderful mother...I don't have what you would call friends anyways, besides a few of the older women in my nieghborhood. I just don't get along great or have much in common with other women my age (31) Seems the younger women my age around here think I act like an old lady because I knit, crochet, plastic canvas, cross stitch, sew and quilt....and many other things....lol...I actually feel bad for them, especially the ones who sit at home all day with nothing to do while the kids are at school. I'm always the one around here content all day:)
Old 05-25-2011, 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by cr12cats
my bf gets upset with me cause she is a tv person and i am not. she says she can't talk tp me about anything cause i don't watch her shows. it is funny though cause she pretty much carries the conversation non stop when we talk on the phone, lol so there is couple of hours of conversation. tv puts me to sleep or i will have it on for background noise but if i want to stay awake i need to quilt or stitch something. she just can't understand it though. but that is okay tv is her hobby and i have mine.
I don't watch T.V. at all, I sit on the couch doing some type of hand work whenever my hubby is watching T.V. I just can't stand to sit and watch other people doing something...lol
Old 05-25-2011, 01:08 PM

brandy, thank you you get it. same here dh watches i do something and if it interest me listen in.
Old 05-25-2011, 01:09 PM

I have two sister-in-laws that think having a spotless house is a hobby. Serioulsy.
Thank heavens I have one sister-in-law who is crafty like me :)