Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • *CLOSED FOR SIGN-UP***  10 1/2" layer cake Swap.."Stars & Stripes Forever....**  CLOSED for sign-up ** . >
  • *CLOSED FOR SIGN-UP*** 10 1/2" layer cake Swap.."Stars & Stripes Forever....** CLOSED for sign-up ** .

• *CLOSED FOR SIGN-UP*** 10 1/2" layer cake Swap.."Stars & Stripes Forever....** CLOSED for sign-up ** .

Old 07-19-2011, 10:29 AM

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

Im sorry guys, I didn't realize I hadn't updated the activities page... ..It should NOW be updated; Everyone in this swap should be on the activities list page..

Also- all packages should be in the mail now, if not please send them priority...

Thanks everyone!!!
    Old 07-19-2011, 02:09 PM

Mine's on the way! Sent priority this morning, so it should be in your hot little hands asap!

(sorry for the delay!)
    Old 07-20-2011, 10:26 AM

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

The wonderful MODS have approved my future swaps..
    So here's the line-up..... (* do not pm me now for these- I will post a thread the first week of the months indicated...)

Aug 2011-
    Feeling blue 'cause I'm missing you.. With side of sunshine
    any shade of blue fabric.. any for the twist any shade of yellow fabric

Sept 2011
    Black & white.. with a lil grey..
    Any black with white fabric or white fabric with black.. and the twist is any shade of grey fabric

Oct is still kinda iffy.. any suggestions would be welcome..
    (I was thinking 'leaves' - anything with leaves on it.. please avoid floral if at all possible.. )
    ( or flannel fabric?? )
    However 'theme' Still pending

Nov 2011
    Its beginning to look a lot like Christmas…
    any winter/holiday fabric..(for example: snowflakes, candy canes, santa, elves, presents, ornaments, and the like etc..)

Dec 2011
    Winter break for me.. NO swaps... until January and it will be
    Stash busters..

Jan 2012
    Stash Busters....
    Any fabric you have in your stash.... NO HOLIDAY, no flannel, no homespun fabric

Hope this helps yall out..
    Old 07-20-2011, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by bonitagaye
    So sorry I did not get my stuff ready in time! Too much life right now! I did not get signed up because I wanted to be ready before I committed! Possibly next month! I just had to wrk too much overtime at work! I only have 150 more weekends to work! When you work weekends you never have a day off!
    Yikes!!! OT $ must be great but WOW.. when do you breath????
    Old 07-20-2011, 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by jtapp9
    http://www.patternsfromhistory.com/c.../cot_quilt.htm

I think I am going to use this pattern for my civil war blocks. I think I can cut them and end up with 9" finished blocks. This will be one for one of my brothers. It will be queen size.

Cut:
    3.25" squares for corners
    4" square for center
    3.25" x 4" rectangles for outer pieces

Does that look right? When sewn back together I will have 9.5" unfinished blocks that will finish out at 9" in the quilt. (think I'm gonna need a 9.5" square ruler..ha!)

I have 2 more fabrics to cut for THIS swap and will finishing those tonight :). I have NO idea what I will end up doing with these blocks siner ce they will be so assorted in color.
    You need:
    4 - 3 1/2 (3.5) for the four outer corners
    4 - 4 1/2 x 3 1/2 (4.5 x 3.5) for the outer center squares
    1 - 4 1/2 x 4 1/2 (4.5 x 4.5) for the center (the white sq)
    Old 07-20-2011, 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by luvTooQuilt
    Originally Posted by jtapp9
    http://www.patternsfromhistory.com/c.../cot_quilt.htm

I think I am going to use this pattern for my civil war blocks. I think I can cut them and end up with 9" finished blocks. This will be one for one of my brothers. It will be queen size.

Cut:
    3.25" squares for corners
    4" square for center
    3.25" x 4" rectangles for outer pieces

Does that look right? When sewn back together I will have 9.5" unfinished blocks that will finish out at 9" in the quilt. (think I'm gonna need a 9.5" square ruler..ha!)

You need:
    4 - 3 1/2 (3.5) for the four outer corners
    4 - 4 1/2 x 3 1/2 (4.5 x 3.5) for the outer center squares
    1 - 4 1/2 x 4 1/2 (4.5 x 4.5) for the center (the white sq)

Rofl....I know what THAT particular pattern called for straight from the page. I was thinking out loud about how to scale it down to be cut from our 10.5" blocks from the CW swap :)

I have already cut a few and my numbers were right! I'm excited about it! It wont look exactly like that one because I am using all my blocks and doing it 7x10 rows with the sashing in between vertically and queen size.

Thank you though for trying to help!
    Old 07-20-2011, 04:09 PM

lol.. Whoops .. :oops: Sorry Jtapp.. :oops:
    Old 07-21-2011, 04:49 PM

Hey yall, I'm at my sisters house using her computr. I'm up a creek without a paddle! My net is off also my phone is out so Im unable to keep up with everyone. Things have been rough, Dolly had foot surgery and Ive been busy that an 8 handed quilter! I'm going to cut and send Friday...I have to, can't afford an overnight! My husband lost his Mother this past week so he hasn't been able to help me financially for a spell. Pray yall that I'll be back to normal soon!! Whatever normal is!! Love yall!
    Old 07-21-2011, 05:14 PM

Pm me Momma...
    Old 07-22-2011, 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by Momma_K
    Hey yall, I'm at my sisters house using her computr. I'm up a creek without a paddle! My net is off also my phone is out so Im unable to keep up with everyone. Things have been rough, Dolly had foot surgery and Ive been busy that an 8 handed quilter! I'm going to cut and send Friday...I have to, can't afford an overnight! My husband lost his Mother this past week so he hasn't been able to help me financially for a spell. Pray yall that I'll be back to normal soon!! Whatever normal is!! Love yall!
    Hugs and prayers for you and your family!!!