Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Husbands (at least mine!) >

Husbands (at least mine!)

Husbands (at least mine!)

Old 08-05-2011, 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by sguillot
My husband passed away 3 years ago but he fully supported my quilting and just about anything else I did so from some one that knows, love those precious husbands as much as you can because when you loose them it's very hard to get over.
Amen
Old 08-05-2011, 08:59 AM

Ladies, treasure your husbands' comments/interest in your quilting; good, bad or indifferent. I lost mine after three and a half months of marriage but his gift to me is a now 53 y/o son. Widowhood can last a long time.
Old 08-05-2011, 09:05 AM

You might mention two words back at him, just think what these guys actually do.
Football, baseball
IdahoSandy
Old 08-05-2011, 09:15 AM

My husband is definitely a keeper. He likes it when I have the design wall up and blocks on it. He will come in and study it and tell me it looks good or great or if I should move something around. He never complains about how much fabric I have. He used to be a mechanic so he understands the meaning of good tools. Plus he even offers to stop by Joann's on his way home from work if I need something.

The only problem I have had, and I think I have finally got through to him. He used to volunteer me to sew stuff. Or tell me that so and so is having a baby I need you to make a baby quilt for them. I did one for a gal he worked with that I had actually met, but I told him I am not making a quilt for every person that has a baby or a birthday or some other occasion where he works. He does not ask anymore.
Old 08-05-2011, 10:06 AM

My husb. came out to my little quilt shop to bring me a sandwich & when he looked at the "Woven Tumbling Blocks" runner I was working on, he spotted an error in the weaving which messes up the whole pix. Bless his heart. That could have been a disaster.
Old 08-05-2011, 11:05 AM

Mine is pretty supportive too.He helps with the math part,(I,m horrible at fractions), and the colors and gives his opinion, (when asked, of course).
I guessd I,ll keep him around.
Old 08-05-2011, 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by dunngriffith
Today I was showing my DH how I was making a D9P. His comment---- Someone must have nothing to do to sit around and do that!!!! :evil: I don't think I will explain the bargello I'm making!!! :mrgreen:
I WOULDN'T. BUT JUST TELL HIM ITS NO DIFFERENT THAN A WOODWORKER CUTTING UP PIECES OF BOARDS AND NAILING OR GLUING THEM BACK TOGETHER. :thumbup: :-D
Old 08-05-2011, 11:53 AM

I'm also a lucky wife. My dh is very supportive. Never complains about what I spend - in fact he is the reason I have a long arm.
Old 08-05-2011, 01:04 PM

My husband thinks everything should be for him!! He plays bluegrass music and we were at a festival in DeQueens many years ago. We stopped at a flea maeket that was selling a full suit of armour. It was a fun weekend. We are friends with "Twice as Nice" and they were there that weekend also. Good memories.
Old 08-05-2011, 01:20 PM

My new guy and I are working on a quilt together, this should be an experience, He has chosen all the fabric it is his design, we both did the cutting and ironing, he has layed it out the way he wants it, he has it bagged. One row per baggy and they are numbered. He said he is trying to make it easy for me. So we will see ,he is on his way over, and I can't wait to see what he has done. Wish me Luck, I'll probably need it. We have only been seeing each other for 2 or 3 months. I don't actually know, I'll have to check.