paypal experiences

Old 08-22-2011, 12:35 PM
Power Poster

ive been a paypal member for about 10 years- have never had any problems with any transactions- it works great for me for a number of different things-
read the policies- read how to join= sign up- it is one of the easiest ways to buy/pay on line-
my mother uses her account to pay all of her bills- she also does alot of ebay stuff- so would be lost without her paypal account.
Old 08-22-2011, 12:43 PM

I use paypal all the time, if it's an option. It's so much easier than using your credit card. I don't know that I'd use it for large purchases, but for patterns, or fabrics, (under $100), I'd Probably use it. It's easy to set up an account. Just don't believe every email you get saying something's wrong with your account, or it's been hijacked, etc. I get those all the time at work, and the church I work at doesn't have a paypal account! All those fake emails, I just send them right on to the REAL paypal, and let them deal with the thieves.
Old 08-22-2011, 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by ljsunflower
I had paypal for many years & thought it was the most secure way to make a payment.
Up until about a year ago.
Someone somehow bought a camera using my account information! The first I knew about it was when paypal emailed to say that the payment would be coming out of my account & thanks for using paypal. This camera cost $700 & the shipping address was for somewhere in south Florida! NOT MY ADDRESS!
I got in touch with paypal & since it hadn't been taken out of my account (it was a 'pending' transaction) there was nothing they could do about it. My husband went by our bank & had them put a stop payment on it. It cost us $28 for that. When we were finally able to talk to a person at paypal, they told us that it was a suspicious transaction & they were looking into it. But they were still attempting to get the $700 out of our account! They attempted at least 3 different times to get my money. They started calling wanting to know why payment hadn't been made. They emailed every day for the same thing. If I hadn't stopped payment, someone would have had my $700 & I would have been overdrawn.
Finally, they emailed me to say that they had finished their investigation & all was well now. I closed that account right then! And I'll never have another one.
That's my experience with paypal.
Glad I never had anything like that happen!!! Scary!!!
Old 08-23-2011, 03:21 AM

I have used paypal for years, and so far have had no bad experiences using them. I feel better that I am not posting my info all over the internet.
Old 08-23-2011, 03:35 AM

I refuse to use them after what happened to me. It sounds like no one has ever had a problem to know what really happens.
I paid with paypal to have the synthetic lawn installed, when the company never showed up I contacted paypal (because the guy would not return my call) and they did nothing to help, I had to do all the work myself. They refused to refund my down payment I paid, thank goodness the patner of the company was honest and he drove all the way out to my house from another city (same state) to refund my money.

I had even gotten emails saying someone was trying to change my password, I finally shut down the account and will never use them again. If I can't pay by cash, card, or check, I don't buy or go some where else to buy.
Old 08-23-2011, 04:14 AM

We have used paypal for several years. At first we were a little worried, but it is really the safest and easiest way to purchase not only from e-bay but from other sources. You have a password for your e-bay account. As long as you use something out of the ordinary you should be okay.
Old 08-23-2011, 04:54 AM

You always have to type "https://www.paypal.com]https://www.paypal.com[/url]" in the address bar of your browser.

You can verify that you are on Paypal website just looking on the address bar. It should look something like this in the below pictures.

There is a green area on the left part of the address bar. If you click on it, it will tell you that you are on Paypal.

I receive from time to time phishing emails. They usually tell that there is a problem with your account and you need to log in and type some information. If you don't do this, your account will be suspended.

Always check where a link is going before you click. Move your mouse over the URL in the email and look at the URL in the browser . If it looks suspicious, don't click it. Open a new browser window, and type https://www.paypal.com]https://www.paypal.com[/url]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-245629.jpe   attachment-245630.jpe  
Old 08-23-2011, 05:18 AM

I had a PayPal account for 4 years. During that time my account was linked to a Visa card. When I had purchased $5,000 of goods on the internet using paypal, they contacted me to tell me that I had to link my account to my bank account...I could still use my Visa card, but I had to link to my bank account. NOT! First I thought it was a scam, so I contacted Paypal directly and they said that is their policy. Visa, obvisouly, always paid them so that is not an issue.. this is their policy. I told them that they just lost a good customer.
D in TX
Old 08-23-2011, 05:18 AM

have used to for along time...use my CA also...no problems and when I paid for a item and dealer was out of it, money was back in account in one day...alot of protection also
Old 08-23-2011, 05:26 AM

My husband uses PayPal but I'll still hesitant on using it.