Anyone tried Melatonin ?

Old 08-24-2011, 06:54 PM

Tried it twice and I can take it for about a week, and then I start having dizzy spells and have to quit.
Old 08-24-2011, 06:57 PM

Try something natural: 1 or 2 teaspoons of old fashioned Molasses in a
cup of hot milk!
Old 08-24-2011, 06:58 PM

I have not tried melatonin. I have to walk every day at least 30 minutes. It makes all the difference for my nights.
Old 08-24-2011, 07:00 PM
Banned

I tell you what my doctor prescribed Trazidone for me first before the Ambian and it said 1 to 2 tablets before bed time. I took 2 right out of the gate and I was having suicidal thoughts and the world was spinning the whole 9 yards. It scared my wife something fierce and me too, needless to say I flushed those things the next morning.

But most of the time the lack of sleep has to do with stress. Mine was my job and not ever being home because of it. But like I said once I retired early I slept like a baby when I came back from my old home office in Atlanta. I still will go through spells of no sleep but Melatonin does the trick for me.

Billy
Old 08-24-2011, 07:10 PM

I have tried melatonin twice. I didn't find it too helpful to go to sleep but the next day - wow - i felt light headed, nauseated, exhausted. Not a good feeling.
My friend just told me that her pharmasist advised not to use it, or very little for developing females as they think that it can cause issues with fertility. This is all heresay, please take this with a grain of salt.
Old 08-24-2011, 08:12 PM

I have taken Sonata and Ambien over the last 10 years. Some nights the Rx one didn't work at all, but I tried Melatonin and it works for me just as well as the Rx one doe;s. When it works, it is great and when it doesn't, it doesn't. I'm glad (for my sake) to know I'm not the only one who is having sleeping problems.
Old 08-24-2011, 08:16 PM

Please know that continued use of melatonin is suspect in damage to the retina. If you have any of that type of eye problem or have diabetes, not a wise choice, until they can rule it out.
Old 08-24-2011, 08:51 PM

I tried it, but it causes me to dream all night, like I am in a rush.
Old 08-24-2011, 10:57 PM

Yes it knocked me out and made me groggy the next day, I don't like it but my husband does.

Give it a try.
Old 08-25-2011, 12:41 AM

I tried Melatonin several years ago because of sleep deprivation. It worked for a about a month before I had to stop taking it. At first, I thought I had found a Wonder Drug. Not only was I sleeping, my chronic pain was almost gone. Then I started having nightmares. I had to stop taking it because the dreams were getting to be too horrible and I didn't wake up like I usually do when my dreams go wrong.

I am not trying to scare you. I just want to make you aware that it is not for everyone. If you do choose to try it, I sincerely hope it works well for you. :)