Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
what's the worst thing you did... >

what's the worst thing you did...

what's the worst thing you did...

Old 09-09-2011, 07:54 AM

O, you bad people,
I never did anything wrong,
but lie about it here.
J J
Old 09-09-2011, 08:01 AM

When I was about 15 my parents were away for a week and me and two friends rode to my house. Since the privacy fence only opened from the inside we brought our horses into the garage then into the house, through the kitchen and den and out to the backyard so they could graze while we made some lunch. Mom would have KILLED me! She was a neatfreak and even used to rake her shag rugs to take out footprints and make the pile stand up.
Old 09-09-2011, 08:04 AM

Oh my ---- My friends and I got ahold of some beer. We were out late --- drunk....I was driving. I crossed a RR crossing and heard the train blare its horn......I looked to the left and it was RIGHT there!!!! I gunned the motor and got away -- but came so darn close to getting killed!!!!!! And getting my friends killed!!!!! I learned my lesson ---- I never drank alcohol and drove again. :)
Old 09-09-2011, 08:06 AM

I was USUALLLY a good kid growning up but my mom had eyes in the back of her head, around the neighborhood and any where we were about to mis behave lol my favorite was when we taught our 125 pound great pyrenesse to climb the ladder to get on the roof of the house..... you guessed it we got busted cuz we could not get her to come back down. So as mom is pulling in to the driveway the dog greated her from the roof.........us kids were NOWHERE to be found!
Old 09-09-2011, 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by Chris Little
I was USUALLLY a good kid growning up but my mom had eyes in the back of her head, around the neighborhood and any where we were about to mis behave lol my favorite was when we taught our 125 pound great pyrenesse to climb the ladder to get on the roof of the house..... you guessed it we got busted cuz we could not get her to come back down. So as mom is pulling in to the driveway the dog greated her from the roof.........us kids were NOWHERE to be found!
Very funny

:lol: :lol:
Old 09-09-2011, 08:39 AM

I was pretty much a wild child growing up and into my 20's. Did all kinds of bad things in high school-my bedroom was on the ground floor and was sooooo easy to climb out the window at night and head out for some adventure. Never got caught and always made it home safely( In the 70's having a designated driver had not come around yet). In my 20's I was really a wild child! I can not list the worst thing I have ever done, couldn't begin to pick the worst. Great life experiences-some I would repeat because they were fun, some I would never repeat because they were dangerous. But alive and well to tell my kids that they would never be able to pull anything over on me!!
Old 09-09-2011, 09:26 AM

I went up north to Michigan (Ishpeming and Negaunee area)and my aunt lived on the dead river... oh what fun we use to have. I remember one time my cousin and I were on huge inner tubes (that my grandfather made from hwy dept tires) and he took strips of inner tubes.. to make the centers of the tubes like seats. So you could lay in them and not have to hold on at all, and each tube would hold two people. We each were on our own..and we ended up falling asleep.. drifted down the river..ended up in a public area. That would all have been okay..had we not been completely nude at the time. We woke to a bunch of guys screaming and hollering..and because of them..the cops were alerted.. by the time the cops got down under the bridge.. we were long gone.
Old 09-09-2011, 10:32 AM

My older sister, her friends, and I broke into a park by the lake... they held dances on Wednesday night. We went on another night, "later", plugged in the juke box and had our own dance. We could have been arrested but my sister's friend would have saved us as her Dad was on the city council and a big whig in the town. I don't think we ever told my mother about that.
Old 09-09-2011, 11:29 AM

Climbing to the top of High Rock Tower in Lynn, MA and then not being able to get down again. I'm afraid of heights and can't imagine what possesed me to climb up there.
Old 09-09-2011, 11:51 AM

In first grade when my table mate started to sit down I pulled her chair away and she sat on the floor. That was 70 years ago and I still feel guilty about it and have been trying to make good karma since. Maybe now that my secret is out I will be able to put this behind me.