Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
what's the worst thing you did... >

what's the worst thing you did...

what's the worst thing you did...

Old 09-08-2011, 02:52 PM

Got arrested for indecent exposure while on Spring Break in Florida, and had to get bailed out by my grandmother. She never did tell my mother, but never let me forget as long as she was alive. It really was an honest, innocent mistake (really!!!), but the police weren't buying it, and neither did the judge. Warning to all...never ride a jet ski for the first time wearing a bathing suit that doesn't have straps.
Old 09-08-2011, 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by meemersmom
Got arrested for indecent exposure while on Spring Break in Florida, and had to get bailed out by my grandmother. She never did tell my mother, but never let me forget as long as she was alive. It really was an honest, innocent mistake (really!!!), but the police weren't buying it, and neither did the judge. Warning to all...never ride a jet ski for the first time wearing a bathing suit that doesn't have straps.
LOL
Old 09-08-2011, 03:15 PM

I was another one who pretty much lived by the rules. I was in my own little world and very grown up for my age, I thought most teenagers were silly.

The only thing that I ever did that could have been thought of as less than honorable is after a cast party, the director asked me if I wanted to go to the assistant director's house because they were having a get together. I knew all these teachers and of course I felt very safe. I had a drink with them and we all talked about the play. I liked hanging out with the grown ups more than the kids my own age.
Old 09-08-2011, 03:19 PM

When I was in college, went to dragstrip (racing cars) with boyfriend, one of the cars blew up and a piece of it came thru the car window and hit me on the head, knocked me out, went to hospital for stitches etc. You have to remember, when my parents said jump, I said how high on the way up. Was living away from home at the time, but that didn't matter. A few years later, there was an article in newspaper about the dragstrip and it's safety record, which was excellent, with one exception, "my name" was injured in a freak accident, and went on to explain situation. Guess who read the article?? Needless to say, you can never hide things from your parents. Sooner or later it will come out, regardless of age you will be in trouble. By the way, I have a scar as a reminder, thank goodness it is within hair line and not visible. What is really funny, there are things my daughter did, which she does not know that I know. Just waiting. Thankful she is ok.
Old 09-08-2011, 03:19 PM

At about age 5 or 6 I stole a small box of matches. It had the prettiest picture on it of a lovelylady accepting a cigarette from a handsome man. Grandma and I had walked to town so we could get some mustard..strange how I can still see that yellow jar. And Grandma wanted something from the big department store, and on the way home I took that match box out of my pocket and was admiring it in the sun light. Grandma could have been used by Army security in obtaining confessions, and back we marched to the department store and I had to hand the box of matches back to the owner of the store (a family friend) and apologize to him. And then Grandma paid him for it-I think it must have been 2 cents) and when we got out of town she swatted my butt all the way home.
Every time since then I have heard her voice even when I go back for 3rds in a buffet line.....it wasn't nice to steal more than what I paid for. And that was well over 70 years ago.
Old 09-08-2011, 03:22 PM

Ha ha ha ha ha. I can still get a shocked look from one of my kids when I mention something they did that they think I didn't know about. I tell them that I let them "get away with it" because it was basically harmless. I remind my son to remember his teenage years when he's dealing with his own now. Ha ha ha - again. It's his turn.

Originally Posted by gramajo
Originally Posted by kuseta
my mom's on this board, so I can't say LOL

sneaking out at night with friends, but she probably knows about that.
Yes I do. I coulda killed you. What else did you do? It's too late for me to punish you now

:lol:
Old 09-08-2011, 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by seamstome
I stole something....I still feel guilty about it.
me too a tube of lipstick from meijers I still cant go in that store today without feeling guilty
Old 09-08-2011, 05:02 PM

forgot, me, sister and stepsister used to hitch-hike around the small town where we spent summers (cabin on the lake). Once a guy picked us up who worked with my uncle, we were nervous for weeks afterward!! We were 12-14 or so.

Oh, and DH started smoking at 8, drinking at 11. Doesn't do either anymore, I straightened him right out. ;)
Old 09-08-2011, 05:51 PM

I have never, ever told my parents or my brother that I got an F in Organic Chemistry during my sophmore year at Purdue University! I got to the mailbox before anyone else when the grades came. Don't know if they ever wondered about my grades that semester and can't remember how I evaded their questions (that was over 35 years ago). My dad is still living...and I do not ever intend to tell him! Yikes...he might ground me or yell at me or something! LOL
Old 09-08-2011, 06:04 PM
Banned

shoot..sadly that list is way too long..though I think my parents know more than I think they do..hheheh

Drinking was legal at 18 when I was growing up..and at 15 I looked 18 easily...I was a disco queen....nuff said...