Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
what's the worst thing you did... >

what's the worst thing you did...

what's the worst thing you did...

Old 09-08-2011, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by gramajo
Originally Posted by kuseta
my mom's on this board, so I can't say LOL

sneaking out at night with friends, but she probably knows about that.
Yes I do. I coulda killed you. What else did you do? It's too late for me to punish you now

:lol:
Wow, my Mom would say the same thing if she was on here
Old 09-08-2011, 11:53 AM

I was a pretty good kid but when I was at the fall fair (about 8 Yrs old) I got hungry and didn't have enough money for a fish sandwich and I walked off without paying. I felt so bad that I went back (after eating it). Told them what I did and asked if I could do some work to pay for it. They worked my butt off for about 2 hrs. washing tables and hauling trash. I was so thankful they never told my parents. They would have tanned my bottom good.
Old 09-08-2011, 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by bjeriann
I was a pretty good kid but when I was at the fall fair (about 8 Yrs old) I got hungry and didn't have enough money for a fish sandwich and I walked off without paying. I felt so bad that I went back (after eating it). Told them what I did and asked if I could do some work to pay for it. They worked my butt off for about 2 hrs. washing tables and hauling trash. I was so thankful they never told my parents. They would have tanned my bottom good.
Wow, pretty decent character trait for an 8 year old! Good for you for going back and working!

The worst thing I ever did was sneak out once. I kept imagining coming home to a bunch of cop cars, so I never did it again. I did tell my mom about it years later.

I was not a rabble-rouser, that's for sure!
Old 09-08-2011, 12:17 PM

It appears our generation respected our parents/elders. Something the younger generation tends to forget.
Old 09-08-2011, 12:38 PM

I set the kitchen on fire with a candle & told my ma it happened from hot popcorn seeds! The milkman put it out........ They both believed me.:).
Old 09-08-2011, 12:47 PM

OK - here's my confession.(s)..

Once when I was about 13, my parents were gone for the weekend. I pushed the station wagon out of the garage and took it joy riding with my girlfriends for about 3 hours. I almost choked when my brother told my folks that the car sure does use a lot of gas...

Once when I was about 14 - I egged a house in my neighborhood. Didn't like the girl that lived there. But then - I felt guilty and went over and helped her dad clean it up.

Got caught hitchhiking by my Dad - he was the one who stopped to pick me up.... UGH!

Skipped lots of school... got thrown out of the Girl Scouts for smoking, shoplifted, and on, and on, and on...

Man - I really sound like some kind of Juvie..

But I am a fine upstanding citizen now. :)
Old 09-08-2011, 12:55 PM

My parents weren't going to let me start dating until I was 16. That would have been between my sophmore & junior years of high school. So, they modified the rule & let me at 15. First date: with boy who my parents had to meet before I could say yes to date (another rule) and plans to go to a walk-in movie, not the drive-in (another rule). So what did we do? Went to the chosen movie, at the drive-in of course. And yes my Dad quizzed me on the movie. Thanks goodnes I watched just enough of it to pass his quiz!
Old 09-08-2011, 01:57 PM

When I was 14, a large group of friends and I, decided to go swimming in the Lewis River (crystal clear icy snow-melt) one terribly hot day. While floating on inner tubes, we thought it would be fun to skinny dip. Long story short, we got caught, and the only reason I am alive to tell about it, is I was in foster care at the time. This is the only time I broke the rules, but in for a penny, in for a pound. :oops:
Old 09-08-2011, 02:03 PM

I started smoking when I was 12 and kept if from Mom until I was 18. Finally quit over 24 years ago.
Old 09-08-2011, 02:40 PM

I fear the things I did shouldn't be posted here lol, Just a wild teen.... I really don't regreat any of it though, compared to today it all seems pretty tame.