Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Hate what I'm doing today >
  • Hate what I'm doing today

• Hate what I'm doing today

Old 03-31-2013, 05:51 AM
    Power Poster

I received my return already, like a week ago! Sorry your stuck inside with all that figuring to do
    This too shall be over soon.
    peace
    Old 03-31-2013, 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by twinkie
    Don't have to do income tax anymore.
    Me neither.
    Old 03-31-2013, 07:38 AM

done and spent also. PAID my car off. Yipee
    Old 03-31-2013, 07:44 AM

We're still waiting on accountant. The agency has had all our info for more than a month or so. Waiting to be told how much we can fund in an IRA and to finalize the returns. This is our first year in retirement status so we have no idea how much we might owe or get back. Also, if this was completed, we could continue with our April travel plans. So we're playing the waiting game.
    Old 03-31-2013, 08:42 AM

This year done, and filed. Yea Back in February. The last couple of years that was not the tale. So this year I changed my coat. I hope I can keep it up, for the future.
    Old 03-31-2013, 08:46 AM

That's DH's job. I'm sewing merrily along, but I can hear him growling in his office. Am I gonna take pity on him? No - Im' gonna stay as far away as possible. Maybe I should turn the CD player a little louder ~ ~ ~
    Old 03-31-2013, 10:13 AM

Since we own a business (my husband has a small custom cabinet shop) of which I have the honor of doing the small amount of bookkeeping that goes with it. I need to have all the bookkeeping to our CPA to file corporate taxes by March 15. So my taxes are always out of the way by the time others are complaining about needing to get to them. I have the forms to send in our payments before Apr. 15, but otherwise it's all signed, sealed and delivered. Love our CPA! She is worth every penny we pay her!!!!
    Old 03-31-2013, 10:21 AM
    Power Poster

Done and spent. DH gets all info together after last paycheck, enters into computer then waits for mine at end of January. In the bank by auto-dep by mid Feb. He uses the Turbo-Tax and I try to keep my records updated on monthly basis. So glad it's done. I procrastinate more than he does, so I don't let myself go beyond the end of the month to bring records up to date. Anything else, yeah, I do have other things I need to get done.
    Old 03-31-2013, 12:44 PM

Usually it's a last minute thing because we always have to pay more than was withheld. This year we came to our senses and realized that since the ready money in a bank account is earning interest at less than the inflation rate (!), we might as well hurry up and give it to Uncle Sam in January. DH figured the taxes and we wrote the check. It's actually a load off our minds. No April tax scramble for us, for once.

Which reminds me of the time years ago when I rushed to the post office near deadline and stuffed the tax envelope into the slot. I pushed it in with my left hand because there were so many they were sticking out, and it would make me nervous to think someone could just grab it. As I pulled my hand back I found that my solitaire would not get back past the edge of the slot, so I was standing there for a few seconds, elbow above shoulder level, with my hand stuck! I was finally able to wiggle the ring around sideways so that the diamond was between my fingers and I got out, but it was a pretty embarrassing situation with other late taxpayers standing in line behind me.
    Old 03-31-2013, 03:04 PM

I procrastinate on the taxes. They are done, but haven't sent my money yet...