Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • male quilters >
  • male quilters

• male quilters

Old 05-02-2013, 09:18 AM

Jan...well said..
    Originally Posted by Jan in VA
    Please all, be sure to read the original posts carefully before responding, it saves the rest of us some teeth grinding and silly comments.

The reporter needs a male quilter in HIS area of Kentucky.
    The reporter is a member now of this website and can find any other member's user name just as the rest of us can.
    If anyone knows of a male quilter in the correct area of Kentucky, they could easily PM the quilter with a link to this thread so that quilter could personally contact the reporter by PM.
    If the quilter, or anyone else, has questions they can easily contact the venue for which this reporter works to establish his legitimacy.

Being cautious and 'private' is one thing we should all do.
    Being a bit rude in response to a new member's post is another entirely, especially when there is recourse to answer the question without endangering anyone.

Jan in VA
    Old 05-02-2013, 09:26 AM

It seems like some are a bit put off because he wants to interview a male quilter instead of a woman. It's a given that most quilters are women. Even though there ARE men who quilt, it's still a novelty to some people, so, that's probably why he wants to interview a man. I'd be interested in reading a story about a male quilter.
    Old 05-02-2013, 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by Peckish
    Rofl!!! I feel for men sometimes... I've heard John Flynn tell his story about one of his earlier trips to a fabric store.

It's like the time I walked into Harbor Freight and wandered around for a while, just looking at all the goodies. Male employee (who must have been at least 70 years old) kept following me, asking what it was my husband needed me to pick up. I finally turned around and told him I was searching for a new husband, and was he interested? He left me alone after that.
    Peckish..you had me laughing out loud!! Wish I could come up with replies like that
    Old 05-02-2013, 09:42 AM

I have never, in my entire adult life, given out phone numbers or addresses of anyone other than myself - that's my policy. But I will take the contact information of the requestor and give it to the person he or she is trying to meet and let them decide whether to follow up on it.

I think that is all that Swimdangit is asking for. And perhaps he is hoping of the male quilters will contact him directly.
    Old 05-02-2013, 09:47 AM

Location: Standing in front of Walmart begging for fat quarters

There was an article in one of my old Quilter's World magazine called Real Men Quilt featuring several amazing artists. I wish you luck finding your guy sir.
    Old 05-02-2013, 10:30 AM

Having been a newspaper reporter, I applaud Ray's ingenuity. Reporters ask questions where they believe they might find answers. I know only one male quilter, but he lives in north Texas, not in the area delineated by Ray.

Ray, if you want to launch into Texas, I will give your email address to our guild member and he can contact you if he is interested. Of course, you will have to pm me. froggyintexas
    Originally Posted by ghostrider
    Seems to me a reporter would have much better/easier/smarter ways to research male quilters in his/her own area than to go on a large international message board and ask members to volunteer information about other members without asking permission. Things are not always what they seem on the surface, just saying.
    Old 05-02-2013, 10:32 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by Peckish
    ...It's like the time I walked into Harbor Freight and wandered around for a while, just looking at all the goodies. Male employee (who must have been at least 70 years old) kept following me, asking what it was my husband needed me to pick up. I finally turned around and told him I was searching for a new husband, and was he interested? He left me alone after that.
    Gee, Peggy, I had a guy follow me around a hardware store many years ago and I ended up marrying him
    I was buying a new house and needed lots of tools and supplies. The employee's ploy was to offer to put my new barbecue grill together.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 05-02-2013 at 10:34 AM.
    Old 05-02-2013, 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltnNan
    Gee, Peggy, I had a guy follow me around a hardware store many years ago and I ended up marrying him
    I was buying a new house and needed lots of tools and supplies. The employee's ploy was to offer to put my new barbecue grill together.
    Lol that's awesome!!! I love it!
    Old 05-02-2013, 02:19 PM

I know these people do not live in the area you are looking at but they have quite a compelling story.

http://wncmagazine.com/feature/on_th...jim_mijanovich

I believe Jim has either an MD or a PHD. His mother and father were the family Docs in my town and the family is fantastic.
    Old 05-02-2013, 04:15 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by QuiltnNan
    I picked my hubby up in Wal-Mart....he had a cute butt. And Wal-Mart has liberal return policy!!!!