Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Wishlist Christmas gifts for quilters? >

Wishlist Christmas gifts for quilters?

Wishlist Christmas gifts for quilters?

Old 12-02-2013, 03:26 AM

Originally Posted by marand View Post
I didn't mean for this to get into an ethical discussion of gift giving… Was just looking for some good ideas on sewing gadgets. Thanks everyone!!!
I don't think Cherrio was turning it into an "ethical"?? Question of gift giving. She had practical "wishes" for her needs. I love gadgets as much as anyone but when it comes down to it, fabric, rotary blades ($$$), & thread are the basics we all use. I would take any of these to add to my obsession.

Sandy
Old 12-02-2013, 03:33 AM

Originally Posted by carolaug View Post
I don't want gift cards from my hubby...that seems silly...I can just use the debt card from our account. And yes he has done that before...I was not impressed. I do love it when we go shopping together to go pick out something for him, me or for the two of us.
wow! My husband I never "shop together". Mine is off the hook every year. I go buy it, bring it home a thank him for my gift. He was better at the gift giving when we were dating. I looked forward to my annual pair of gold earrings back then. He has good taste. Now he does not even try to " surprise" me. Now THAT would be nice....for him to "surprise" me again.

A couple of years ago I told him that I did not want a gift. (Who believes that!). So, as he opened my gifts to him....I got nuthin'. A token gift would be fine....i was secretly bent out of shape.

I brought my new Janome home last friday! Thank you honey!

Sandy

Last edited by Sandygirl; 12-02-2013 at 03:37 AM.
Old 12-02-2013, 04:07 AM

How about something to make your quilting EASIER?

Better lighting...either up on the ceiling, on the table or attached to the machines.
Better chair...something comfy you can sit in for HOURS!
Gift certificates to your favorite store - or a store you've been wanting to go to.
Of course, there's always cash to spend at the next local or distant quilt show!

Nan
Old 12-02-2013, 06:15 AM

I just bought The Gypsy Cutting Gizmo on Amazon for $17.99 as a gift for my BQF (I hope she likes it)!
For myself, I ordered acid free tissue paper for storing quilts (something I've gone without till now).
Another good investment is quality scissors (depending on what you don't have).
Miracle Fabric Sheets through C. Jenkins are great for making labels and photo quilts.
Quilt racks or wall quilt hangers.
Old 12-03-2013, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by carolaug View Post
I don't want gift cards from my hubby...that seems silly...I can just use the debt card from our account. And yes he has done that before...I was not impressed. I do love it when we go shopping together to go pick out something for him, me or for the two of us.
My husband asked me recently what I wanted for Christmas and I told him I wanted a Gift Cetificate to the Quilt Shop that I am signed up for a Spring Quilting Retreat. We each have our own money (our own children and our own debts when we got married 7 years ago), so to me I would love to have a Gift Certificate to pay the $150 I still owe for the cost of the Spring Quilt Retreat. I'd rather have a Gift Certificate to a store I want--than have him buy me something that I don't care about.
Old 12-03-2013, 04:40 PM

Fat quarters are always welcome! I'll take just about any they'll give me. Or better yet, a gift card to Connecting Threads. I also really want a good light to go over my sewing/serger table. I'm always working in my shadow with the one in the center of the ceiling.
Old 12-03-2013, 10:00 PM

I have just given my husband my list, new sewing machine (lol) larger sewing table-need my son to admit he has moved out and I can have his room first! Cutting mat, lil twister templates, sewing machine needles, marking pencils and a magnetic guide to help me sew scant 1/4" seams, he did offer to take me to ikea for the table, so I'll hopefully get the bits and pieces I've asked for.