Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I couldn't be the only one >

I couldn't be the only one

I couldn't be the only one

Old 12-10-2009, 12:33 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by cbuchanan
Amma: This has nothing to do with this post. BUT... I keep seeing your name and am amused. My grandkids call me
Am'ma: first grandchild couldn't say "grandma" and it ended up "Am'ma" and I've never heard it used anywhere but here. Is this your name or a nickname...where did it come from?
My first grandchildren were twin boys, their first words were Dada, Mama and Amma :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: so yes, they named me too!!! :D:D:D and I am amma to all of my grands and to many other little ones now :D:D:D
Old 12-10-2009, 12:34 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by omak
Just a thought.
When I didn't have any demands on me, it was pretty amazing the things I couldn't find to do.
Housekeeping is not the main drive in my system, but when I had to take time from playing to nurse the baby ... I could see a TON of things that had to be done.
As long as I had to sit down and look at it, because I couldn't actually do it, I spent all my time with baby thinking of all the things I COULD be doing.
But, once baby was fed, dry, and happy ... I never did any of those things ... well, I did some of them, but for the most part, the only time I wanted to do certain things was when I couldn't do them.
It is the same with anything we want to do ... when we have the time, we dink around doing all sorts of things that have nothing to do with what we thought we would do if "we could just go home" ...
it must be a human thing ... but, we cattle people see it in the pasture - - the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence, until you get to the other side of the fence, and then that silly cow figures out ... "Hey! I want over there!"
Hang in there, quilters! You will have time ... the ticket is to enjoy your moments leading toward your goal - - since none of our projects will get done if we aren't employed, eh?
Very well put omak...:wink:
Old 12-10-2009, 03:00 PM

my coworkers laugh at me- they tell me they know I'd rather be quilting. I agree.... anything's better than title insurance. No one understands it anyway. I come off sounding like a "know it all" when I try to explain it because I take it very seriously.

Home- I rush through things so I can sew all the time. I was home yesterday for 1 1/2 hrs. while the repairman fixed out fridge- all the while I'm trying to figure out how to go upstairs and sew. Instead I washed the floors everywhere but where he was working. Not that anyone would notice. :)
Old 12-10-2009, 07:14 PM

Me tooo!! I think about quilting all day while at work and then when I get home, I want to quilt, but I have to feed the hubby and kids before I can quilt.
Old 12-10-2009, 07:33 PM

I agree!! I was unemployed for about a year and discovered that I had time to quilt but no money to buy all the goodies with. I am working now, haven't yet got my first paycheck though, so it will take effort again to find time to quilt.
Old 12-10-2009, 08:43 PM

I only work to support my quilting habit....oh yeah, and they expect food and shelter around here!
I keep graph paper on my desk at work, when I am on hold, I doodle blocks and such.
Old 12-11-2009, 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by Mamaskeeto
Work sure does get in the way. I have a few friends that rotary cut fabric on their lunch hour. I've never done that before, I'd probally get food all over my fabric. LOL
I used to do this years ago when I was in the "corporate" world - I'd find an empty conference room or office away from the high traffic patterns and enjoy a half hour or so of "creative" time. Now, if my "life" would just get out of the way, I could do it all the time! :lol:
Old 12-11-2009, 08:29 AM

When I was in the corporate world, it was all I could do to come home after work, feed and spend time with the children, and clean the kitchen before I fell into bed, just to repeat the process... More power to those of you who can do that!

My dream job would be one that pays enough for a housecleaner AND the fabric I want to feed my addiction! :lol: :roll: :lol:

As it is, I am grateful for a husband who loves me and isn't unreasonable about me needing to quilt.
Old 12-11-2009, 08:44 AM
Banned

:lol: :lol:
Old 12-11-2009, 09:42 AM

ooops im the only lucky one!!! lol i can bring my sewing to work with me! im an in home health care nurse until i finish my RN classes!! so i really do nuthing all day but play on the 'puter or bring my machine and sew! it will all change when i graduate!!!!