Had a car accident today

Old 04-02-2010, 05:52 AM
Power Poster

Whoa Pam! Her car looks terrible! Your SUV doesn't look too good either. I'm glad to hear you aren't hurt any worse than you are...lucky...lucky... Take care though and follow the advice of everyone here. Feel better soon...you have lots of quilts to get to!
Old 04-02-2010, 05:55 AM

That's scary! I'm so glad you're ok...but it really can't hurt to check in with a doctor...just in case...
Old 04-02-2010, 06:12 AM

PAM just checking that you have gone to doctor. Please do not be a super woman. A check up will not harm you. I am glad that we all went for a check up. Hopefully nothing will come up later on in life.

I shall repeat myself ; GO TO DOCTOR.... :O) ciao
Old 04-02-2010, 06:37 AM

So sorry to hear this! Thank God you are alright!
Old 04-02-2010, 06:40 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Jim's Gem
I had to comment on this. We have (had, son now has) a 1989 Suburban, about 6 mos after we got it we got rear ended by someone in a toyota, we were all in the car, the kids were 6 mos, 2 years, 5 and 7. The toyota ended up a good 13" shorter than it started, was totalled, we had a dent in the bumber, which insurance replaced as it was a brand new car.
Made us very happy with our choice.
My DD who has four kids only drives a Surburban. She feels safer in that then in any other. I say a quick prayer when I see small kids riding in a compact car.
Old 04-02-2010, 06:42 AM

Pam, I'm glad you weren't hurt badly. Do go to the doctor and get everything checked out. Most likely, it's just some internal bruising, that may show up externally in another day or two. But it's better to be safe and get checked out now.
Old 04-02-2010, 07:07 AM

Yes, I'll go to the doctor today. I feel achy and stiff and my left shoulder hurts more. I don't see any bruising though and my head doesn't hurt.

I looked at the car again and the storage area is about turned inside out. I also talked to my son, who is a mechanic and used to work at Ford. He said that the uniframe type of car like mine might not look too bad but it can be totalled if it's too damaged to repair.
Old 04-02-2010, 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by Candace
I'm glad you weren't injured more seriously. The person who hit you will feel the brunt of this financially as she'll be found at fault for the accident by the insurance companies. She'll feel it in her pocket book for years. I hope your car is back on the road soon! Ouch. I live south of Sacramento so can relate to your rush hour traffic woes!
I live in Sacramento myself and agree, drivers here are just plain nuts. I even had an RT bus driver tell me driving trucks in LA wasn't as bad as driving a bus in Sacramento!
Old 04-02-2010, 07:27 AM
Banned

Pam it sounds like you and my daughter need to get together and have lunch! My daughter pulled out in front of someone that was speeding and almost totaled her car day before yesterday. Of course she was hit by an uninsured driver, but it was not her fault according to the police report and the lady got 3 tickets and a trip to jail!

Then I sat and argued with the adjuster for 2 hours not to total the car out because its a low mileage Honda and it is in immaculate condition.

She was broadsided on the drivers side and it took out 2 doors and a quarter panel along with the B pillar and bumper cover, $4800 crash. But it is at my buddies body shop and I am going over there to work on it this weekend and hopefully be in the paint booth Monday morning and I might do something "special" to the paint this time since if it gets crashed again it will be a total according to state law.

At least no one was hurt and everything can be fixed just like new.

Pam you need to take it easy for a day or two, just long enough to read up on some new patterns to use on your long arm. Or scheme up a few more quilts to be made!!!

I hope you get feeling better and lots of hugs from this camp!!

Billy
Old 04-02-2010, 07:33 AM

Sew sorry! It's a zoo out there! Take care of yourself!