Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilt show and broken toe >

Quilt show and broken toe

Quilt show and broken toe

Old 05-09-2010, 06:42 AM

Sahm 4605, the Machine Quilter's Showcase show is at the Overland Park Convention Center, 6000 College Blvd., Overland Park, Kansas. Classes began Monday May 10, the quilt show and vendors will be open to the public beginning Wednesday, May 12 and go through Sunday (I think). More information can be found at www.IMQA.org.
Old 05-09-2010, 06:52 AM

happynana, people already have to talk real loud. I also wear a hearing aid, but it doesn't often help, especially in a crowd. I'm having a great time reading all the helpful suggestions encouraging me to go to the show! I can see me now - in a motorized chair (which I have know idea how to operate) - full speed ahead! Watch out ladies - here I come! I'm hiped up on pain pills and I intend to see the whole show and vendors in one day! If any of you are lucky enough to be there and see some wild haired old lady going full speed backwards in a chair or scooter you'll know who she is!
Old 05-09-2010, 06:53 AM

thank you bobielinks. I don't know when you are going but I hope to see you there. I will be the one with a double stroller and two little kids demanding my attention. probably with one hanging off of me. I am soooooo excited. I have only been to one quilt show in my life. I was about 10 or so and it was in connection with an art show that my mom was in. She won like 4 ribbons. most first or second place for her categories. the quilts were really beautiful that were there.
Old 05-09-2010, 06:59 AM

Great! I'll be watching for you. Make sure you watch out for me!!! LOL
Old 05-09-2010, 07:02 AM

Been there done that, more than once actually. Except I hit a chair both times with mine. Yes, it does hurt, bad!

It's your decision, and depending on how your toe feels the day of the show, you will know better how to proceed. Can't recall for sure but I'm thinking the last time I did that, it was a couple of weeks before my toe felt "more normal" again. My concern for you is that it seems whatever is already hurt, either someone will bump you or step on you wherever you hurt. I'd hate for anyone to back up and accidentally step on your foot. So, whatever your decide, please be extra careful to protect your foot and toes as you deem necessary.

So sorry this has happened to you...
Old 05-09-2010, 07:03 AM
Power Poster

Oh, I hope you get to go! I have a really good friend in a wheel chair, and she goes about EVERYWHERE! Hope it feels better soon!
Old 05-09-2010, 07:07 AM

Sorry to hear of your broken toe, especially when you have the planned trip to the quilt show. I think I would go beings your friends will be there to help and enjoy your time. Maybe the pain will be gone and you can be up some as well. Have Fun and take pictures!
Old 05-09-2010, 07:33 AM

I absolutely would go. This is how I look at it: if you have to go through something so awful, you might as well get the one good thing that comes of it--a little TLC. And in my experience, people really take great pleasure in helping those they care about. You really do others a favor when you let them take care of you.
Old 05-09-2010, 08:36 AM

I would go. Here's how I handle a walking problem at our sewing expo. I can't walk for any time because of leg problems so i have a walker with a seat. It works so well that my girl friend/traveling companion got one too.

It allows me to walk from vendor to vendor and then sit down as I watch whatever. They're much smaller than a wheelchair and don't take up nearly as much room. It might solve your problem.
Old 05-09-2010, 08:55 AM

Go, enjoy, and let your frends take care of you!