Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
99% Sure.... >

99% Sure....

99% Sure....

Old 10-24-2010, 11:29 AM

I came home from work one day only to find what looked like a very bazaar spiderweb on my floor and stairs. My cats had gotten ahold of fully wound bobbin.I laughed for quite awhile cleaning it up.
Old 10-24-2010, 11:41 AM

Everything I have dissapeared! Gotta love them!
Old 10-24-2010, 01:00 PM

my cats rarely are in my sewing room for many of the reasons stated here, but my Maine coon Angie loves wool and leather. she ran off with a skein of wool sock yarn and ate a little leather/fur ball we bought for her birthday. she ate it on hers and threw it up 2 ays later on my DH birthday! my son's cat lost his wedding ring. even with moving the furniture he couldn't finde it. when he moved, he did find it lodged somewhere the cat couldn't retrieve. yeah-ya gotta love them!
Old 10-24-2010, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by Lady Shivesa
...that my cat, Ripley, ran off with my only washable fabric marker!!!

I heard her playing with something in the hall the other night when we were trying to go to sleep. Woke up the next morning and the marker, which I had left on my sewing table, was gone.

I have no idea where she put it!

Just thought I'd share, not sure whether to chuckle or scold her. I should be nice - maybe she's making a little quilt of her own for me for Christmas. ;)

Ever have a pet steal your quilting supplies?

My kitty used to do the same thing to me. His favorite hiding place was under my very heavy antique dresser. One house had wood floors which made sweeping under the dresser easy but the next house had carpet and things didn't come out so easily. I never thought I'd miss trying to retrieve my notions but since he's passed on there's something missing when I sew.

Pets are great company...
Andie :twisted:
Old 10-24-2010, 03:25 PM

Baby loved to play with anything that had my scent on it. His favorite hiding place was under a heavy antique dresser. When the dresser was on a wood floor it was no problem to retrieve with the sweep if a yard stick. however, when I moved the dresser was on carpet it was a different story. I never thought I miss fetching my sew notions from under that dresser but since Baby passed away my sewing is missing his little antics.

Andie
Old 10-24-2010, 03:36 PM

My puppy once stole one of the applique blocks that I was working on. I had left it in the middle of the dining room table with all the little pins in it so when I returned later I could just pick it right up and work on it. When I entered the house later in the day my dog acted like she had a prize in her mouth just for me and she could hardly wait to surprise me with it. Needless to say it was my applique block - to this day I still have no idea how she got it off the table. The pins by the way had all been removed and were actually all in a pile in front of the fireplace - guess they weren't tasty and I was lucky she didn't actually swallow them. I couldn't believe it. The block only had one little hole that was easily covered up with a leaf or flower. I can laugh about it now...it wasn't so funny when it happened.
Old 10-24-2010, 04:14 PM

She doesn't steal my sewing stuff but mine loves to hide her toys under the sofa in the family room.
Old 10-24-2010, 04:19 PM

2 of my cats like to lay on my fabric (one black cat and one
white cat), the black one likes to steal the thread off of
my sewing machine and run all over the house with it so I make
sure my cover is on the sewing machine when I'm done. The
gray one is our klepto kitty, she's not consistent in what
she swipes though. One time she swiped my keys, it took me
an hour to find them. She also likes to swipe my fabric
pieces off of the design board and hides them. Eventually I
find them (usually) otherwise I just have to cut out another
piece (which is why I always buy extra fabric). Gotta love em!
Old 10-24-2010, 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by farmer623
My cat eats my leather thimbles, and I have to hide them.
LOL My DOG eats my leather thimbles! He got away with 3 thimbles over the summer. I now keep them in a small glass jar with a twist on lid.
Old 10-24-2010, 05:15 PM

Well, it is nice to know I don't have the only problem fur-child. I have to keep my pincushion in a drawer, because my Bruno likes to pull the pins out and drop them in a pile. When I catch him at it, he looks at me with this satisfied look of "see, I can help too!" on his face. When it is bare, he walks away and waits his chance again.