OMG - the Shark!

Old 11-21-2010, 07:26 PM

I love my Shark.. especially since I have 3 grandbabies playing on that floor all the time.. no chemicals to get into their tiny systems.. Floor is sooooo clean I don't mind walking barefoot on it.. When I've just cleaned it I have even sprinkled a few Cheerios on the floor for the little guy.. but don't tell his mama!!

Love that silly machine!
Old 11-21-2010, 08:40 PM

I am concerned the steam might cause water to get under the laminate and cause buckleing or mold/mildew underneath. We had to pull ours up after Ike. To clean I used a product from Home Depot and appied it with one of those square mops. It also works on wood flooes as well. O course since it has been 2 years, I don't remember the name.
Old 11-21-2010, 09:31 PM

The wee bit of steam this machine uses can't get under the wood/laminate (it locks together) any more than the stuff they suggest to use which is liquid. I wouldn't use a powerful steam machine on wood or laminate because its too wet - too much steam. This thing is really not much steam at all. Actually, my floors are more dry after pushing the steamer than when I used all the products "recommended".
Old 11-22-2010, 06:07 AM

What model number is it, Is it the one that walmart has ?
Old 11-22-2010, 08:18 AM

The one that seems to be the best is the Eureka Envirosteamer. According to a really good review from Amazon. Just go there do a search. I was planning on getting the shark until I read this review....just another thing to think about.....
Old 11-22-2010, 08:59 AM

i wonder if I could use this on my marble sink. my sink is 3 yrs. old, and by the time it was 6 months old it looked terrible. I wipe it out after every use, and I used the cleaner I was supposed to use on marble, but it still looks terrible. Does anyone have any suggestions? It really isn't rust, but the lime buildup from softened water.
Marilyn
Old 11-22-2010, 09:24 AM

I use vinegar and water in a spray bottle on my real white oak floor, my ceramic kitchen floor and my laminate floor. I use swiffer style mop using old wash cloths! No streaking and no SQUEEKING from shoes. I use oven cleaner on my glass casserole dishes (baked on splatters). After cleaning your shower (Mine was ceramic tile walls and floor) I use automotive paste wax. Wax on-wax off! (sorry couldn't resist ) :oops: Just apply it and wipe it off. The water sheets off the walls for months so no scum builds up. I DO NOT know abt marble, travertine or other NEWER products on the market.
Old 11-22-2010, 01:29 PM

Can you use the Shark on wood floors?
Old 11-22-2010, 03:19 PM

I bought the Shark, but my floors were tofar gone for it to help much. They still looked dirty, but then the floor is almost 20 years old. Now to find a good floor theat I can put down that is not going to cost me an arm and a leg.
Old 11-23-2010, 08:33 AM

Please let me know how that works - I was advised not to use the steam cleaners on my laminate floors by the manufacturer - it could cause them to warp? Like you - I like to see them shine and just mopping them with water doesn't do the trip. I have used a mop and glow product on them and that does help.